Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Josh Suereth

da leggere,
29 ott 2014, 22:02:4529/10/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

sbt 0.13.7-RC2 is now available.  sbt 0.13.7 is a technology preview of what's to come in sbt 1.0.

Here are some of the notable additions since sbt 0.13.7:

- Natural whitespace handling (no blank lines needed in build.sbt) #1606 by @rkrzewski, @ajozwik and others at @WarszawScala. Dziękujemy!!
- Adds support for publishing to a custom Maven local repository. #1589/#1600 by @topping
- Adds circular dependency check. #1601 by @eed3si9n
- Adds experimental cached resolution (minigraph caching). #1631 by @eed3si9n

Since 0.13.7-RC2 two issues have been resolved:

- Force/Override rules in cachedResolution has been altered to mimic maven better.
- Specifying mainClass regression has been fixed.

See [release notes][1] for the full details.

This release is intended to be binary and source compatible with 0.13.{x|x<7}, however the new parser is unable to handle certain classes of Scala syntax.   Of the builds we were able to check (see scala community builds), we did not see this syntax used in practice.  For examples and workaround, please see the [release notes][1]

It is possible to use the existing 0.13.x launcher with this release by settings project/build.properties as follows:

    sbt.version=0.13.7-RC2

No changes should be necessary to your project definition and all plugins published for sbt 0.13.{0,1,2,5,6} should still work.  Please report any issues you encounter if this is not the case.

Special thanks to the community for making this release a success.

- sbt team

Sam Halliday

da leggere,
30 ott 2014, 07:33:3730/10/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, thank you! I can confirm that both problems I was experiencing are now fixed :-D

Josh Suereth

da leggere,
30 ott 2014, 08:13:1030/10/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear!

David Pratt

da leggere,
30 ott 2014, 13:25:3230/10/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com
I've actually noticed a problem with cached resolution as well - to be clear, this is probably the best thing I've seen happen to sbt in a very long time, this isn't meant as criticism.

A couple of my builds use a custom ivyXML setting to do explicit global excludes for unwanted transitive dependencies. For example, I do a global exclude of log4j, commons-logging, and a few other things not needed by my project. It looks like this isn't being respected when cached resolution is used. I'm not terribly surprised by this, since adding custom stuff to the ivy descriptor is certainly an inelegant hack. Is there a way to accomplish this same goal without hunting down each library that has the unwanted transitives and manually adding entries to each libraryDependency element? Here's an example from one of my builds that fails to properly exclude them when cached resolution is enabled:

ivyXML :=
  <dependencies>
    <exclude module="log4j"/>
    <exclude module="slf4j-log4j12"/>
    <exclude module="commons-logging"/>
    <exclude module="wstx-asl"/>
    <exclude module="jta"/>
    <exclude module="solr-solrj"/>
    <exclude org="org.eclipse.jetty"/>
    <exclude org="org.sonatype.sisu.inject"/>
    <exclude org="com.sun.jersey"/>
    <exclude org="com.google.caliper"/>
    <exclude org="com.google.code.findbugs"/>
    <exclude org="junit"/>
  </dependencies>

Also - I have a feature suggestion. Maven's default behavior for SNAPSHOTs is to only re-resolve for remote updates after a certain interval (24 hours by default) - is there any way you could something similar this to 0.13.8? As an example, it'd be nice if a cached sbt resolution would keep track of a timestamp for each repository it's checked, and only re-check if the repo is 'dirty'. By default, local repos (the local m2 repo, ~/.ivy2/local, etc) would always be dirty, but remote ones wouldn't be checked every single time an update runs. Of course, you'd want to be able to override this (the equivalent of 'mvn -U compile') if you want.

eugene yokota

da leggere,
30 ott 2014, 13:58:2430/10/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Could you report that on Github issue?
I don't know if we can get a fix in by 0.13.7, but I think it's a bug on cached resolution.

-eugene

David Pratt

da leggere,
30 ott 2014, 14:04:5930/10/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com

Oscar Vargas Torres

da leggere,
30 ott 2014, 15:53:5830/10/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com
**Again** the link to download launcher doesn't work (from browser), I had to use this one:

http://repo.typesafe.com/typesafe/ivy-releases/org.scala-sbt/sbt-launch/0.13.7-RC2/sbt-launch.jar

Josh Suereth

da leggere,
30 ott 2014, 17:16:2730/10/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com
DOH, THanks for the fix Oscar.  I need to change the template for releasing.

eugene yokota

da leggere,
30 ott 2014, 17:20:3730/10/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oscar,

Sorry there's some weird typo in the URL that says "readonly".

-eugene

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Oscar Vargas Torres <vargas.to...@gmail.com> wrote:

David Barri

da leggere,
31 ott 2014, 18:18:3231/10/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I just gave it a try. It actually feels faster with my project with lots of modules. Nice work!

There seems to be one issue: it generates a different dependency tree for (at least) one of my modules. Noticeable because I now see deprecation warnings from the new version of the library which isn't supposed to be on my classpath and isn't with 0.13.6. Here is some data for said module, let's call it module A.

Three problems are evident here.
1. I'm explicitly declaring 1.11.3 of ScalaCheck in my build but 1.11.4 is used.
2. This module dependsOn module B. Module B uses utest as a test dependency. I'm now see utest.jar on module A's test classpath.
3. Way more specs2 jars on the classpath. I'm explicitly only depending on -core and -scalacheck.

(By the way, I can't run dependencyTree for comparison because it doesn't work on 0.13.6 for some reason. Keeps harping on about blah-compile.xml not found.)

David Barri

da leggere,
31 ott 2014, 18:21:4631/10/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com

Josh Suereth

da leggere,
3 nov 2014, 08:52:1803/11/14
a sbt...@googlegroups.com
I think there was a regression where the ivy-reports/ directory is no longer generated.  Can you open a ticket about that? I think sbt dependencyTree actually uses these XML reports.   HOWEVER, as of sbt 0.13.6, all the information for sbt dependencyTree is exposed directly on the `update` task result, so you shouldn't have to parse XML anymore.

Still, it's a regression. Thanks fo rthe report!

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 6:21 PM, David Barri <japg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra