Ensign Nabihah El Sayid - Just don't shoot the deputy

Kamil Suwara

Jul 29, 2019, 8:14:00 PM7/29/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas

((Warehouse District, Ketar V))

::Gaz, Daymo, Nabihah, and  Henning were making their way across the warehouse to a small office area to go through their logs. They hadn’t walked very far at all when the entire building shook with an incredible crashing noise from nearby.::

Gaz: Now what the bloody hell was THAT?

::The two labourers stared around wildly as Nabihah looked at Henning with a grimace.::

El Sayid: And that would be Teller’s distraction.

::They followed all the other nearby workers to a big crane. Andy was sitting in the driver’s seat while Geoffrey stood nearby. Nabihah waved her arms to make sure they saw her before they either ran off or started stunning innocent people.::

Daymo: Oi! ::He shouted to Andy.:: What the hell do you think you’re doing?

Teller: Uhhh....safety inspectors.  This crane is very unsafe in untrained hands, which we've now proven conclusively.  Good work, Mr. Monroe, another job well done.

Monroe: Response.

::Andy and Geoffrey approached the group with confusion written on their faces while Nabihah tried to diffuse the situation.::

El Sayid: Umm, they’re with us.

Gaz: Well, what is he doing?

::The Marshall rubbed his temples with a groan.::

Hext: Bringing me down to the second circle I think.

El Sayid: It was supposed to be a distraction.

Gaz: A distraction from what?

El Sayid: Umm. We kind of thought you were here to get us.

Gaz: Get you? ::He sounded affronted.:: What the hell gave you that idea?

Hext: Not everyone has been so helpful with this case.

Teller:  Apologies fellas, guess we're a little jumpy.  No harm done...::Teller cast a wary eye up towards the cargo container they had unceremoniously slammed down.  He hoped there wasn't anything too fragile in it.::...probably.

Monroe: Responses

::A nearby woman with long black hair in a ponytail was swearing at the four of them in a language that Nabihah didn’t recognise. The scientist tried to shrug and smile at her, but it just seemed to make her even angrier.::

::Henning turned to the two Officers in yellow.::

Hext: Badges revoked boys. ::He held out his hand::

Teller:  Aww, can't I at least slide it and a phaser across your desk while yelling 'the system stinks!'

Monroe: Response

El Sayid: This is Gaz and Daymo Sir, ::She said, puffing her chest out to make sure Teller didn’t miss the shining deputy pin that she still had.::. They might be able to find where our missing package has gone.

Teller: Fantastic.  I picked up some trace readings before the excitement, but only enough to give me a vague direction.  Don't suppose you've got access to the master container manifest?

Daymo: Yeah, ::He watched Andy and Geoffrey suspiciously.:: We keep pretty good logs here.

Hext: Well let’s see where those records are hmm?

Monroe: Response

Gaz: Come on, Val can clean up this mess.

::The woman directed her rapid swearing at him, he simply winked at her as he lead the six of them onwards to a smaller office room near the edge of the warehouse.::

Teller: I'm still picking up minuet traces of the stuff.

El Sayid: Well, that’s good. I suppose if their logs don’t help we can follow up your clues.

Hext/Monroe: Response

::They entered the office area with cluttered desks and a dirty floor.::

Hext: See this is where we should have ended up to begin with.

::Gaz and Daymo immediately went to work taking out big binders from tall cabinets. While Geoffrey stared at the archaic system in disbelief.::

Teller: Binders?  Really? Computers were invented right?  I didn't hallucinate that?

Gaz: Yeah, it’s a bit annoying. But better than our computers that don’t even work half the time.

Hext: Backing up records are always a good idea you see now how it is helping out.

Monroe: Response

El Sayid: Now I feel like I’m in an old timey detective movie.

Daymo: K, so what is it you’re looking for?

::Teller tapped on his tricorder and brought up the records they had received from Cassandra Livernois::

Teller: Container HLXU 200841/9.  Should be tagged for 'agricultural products.'  It was originally listed as being in bay 16, row 22.

::Daymo took a few minutes to look up the entry in the novelty sized binders.::

Daymo: Here it is… But… This is weird.

::Nabihah glanced over his shoulder and noticed that most of the record had been redacted.::

Hext: Fascinating.

Teller: Irritating. So, someone who knows the docks moved the container, and knew enough about how things run here to alter the computer records and this hardcopy.  Whoever someone is, they're pretty serious about covering their tracks.

Monroe: Response

::She looked over at Geoffrey.::

El Sayid: Is there any way we could still make out the writing beneath?

Hext: It is only marked over...and not very thoroughly…::squinting at the document:: It was removed from the warehouse and shipped to the space port. ::Looking at the others:: Looks like we are heading somewhere else.

Teller:  Might've been a rush job - maybe we didn't miss them by much.  If we hurry, we might still snag them at the spaceport.

El Sayid: What amazing timing though. We don’t have a minute to waste.

Monroe: Response

Hext: ::turning to the workers.:: I want to thank you both, and I am putting you both in for a commendation for helping us out like this.

Gaz: No wukkas mate! Just make sure you get the bad guys!

Daymo: Do we get any kind of… award with that commendation?

Teller: And I'll be sending down a few gallons of decent coffee your way as soon as I get back to the ship.  For the trouble.

Gaz: Aww, cheers. That’d be awesome, We have to go two blocks to get a decently replicated cuppa.

Daymo: Are you sure you can’t make that a couple gallons of beer?

::Gaz elbowed his friend in the ribs.::

Gaz: ::Whispering, even though everyone in the room can hear.:: You can’t ask for beer. This is Starfleet, do they look like the kind of blokes who drink beer?::

::Daymo sized them up and then nodded.::

Teller: Marshall, the Veritas is busy helping put a fire out, so I think we're going to have to load into your flyer if we've got any chance of catching these guys.  Can I make a small request?

Hext: Response

Teller: ...can we turn the sirens on?

::Nabihah spoke up before Henning could answer.::

El Sayid:  As an official deputy of the CCMS, I authorise that.

Monroe: Response

Hext: Response

::Nabihah made a loud woop as Geoffrey and herself ran gleefully back to the shuttlecraft.::

((Skies above the Ketar V Spaceport))

::Nabihah looked thoughtfully out the window as the craft sped through the air towards the airport. The red and blue lights taking turns in illuminating her face. It seemed that every time they turned over a stone in this case, all it had beneath it was an arrow pointing to another stone.::

::She was brought out of her reverie by Geoffrey speaking up behind her.::

Teller:  So Marshall, we know where the package is being loaded.  Lets assume we get there and the folks loading it aren't quite as helpful as those fellas in the warehouse - what's our play?

Hext:  Response

El Sayid:  They wouldn’t… shoot at us would they?

Monroe:  Response

Teller:  Ensign, do you still have the gear bag with you?

El Sayid:  Yes Sir. ::She nodded.::

Teller:  Dig a couple of those transporter tags out and hand them around.  Anybody gets close enough to the package, slap one on and the thing will be in the Veritas's cargo bay 10 seconds later.

Hext:  Response

::As they began approaching the airport, Geoffrey saw fit to break into a song.::

Teller: Bad boys bad boys.

::Nabihah grinned as she immediately understood the reference to one of those ancient Earth action films.::

El Sayid & Teller: whatchagonnado, whatchagonnado when they come for you.....

Monroe: Response

Hext: Response

::The craft touched down on the tarmac and Henning led the three starfleet officers out onto the tarmac.::

Teller: Response

El Sayid: Right, lead the way Sir. Even though, technically I’m a deputy marshall… And outrank you in the CCMS.

Hext: Response

Monroe: Response

TBC and TAG!

Ensign Nabihah Abu El Sayid