Lt. Aigle Phos, 'Getting in the Reports'

Aigle Phos

Aug 20, 2015, 3:52:26 PM8/20/15
to IC Doyle
Scientific Report - Startdate 239208.20
Operational Ref.: DOY-SCI-BIL-0002
To: Captain Shelther Faranster
CC: Lt. Commander Sabrina Holly; Starbase 285 Science
BCC: Lt. Commander Nemitor Atimen; Lt. Marcus Pearce; Lt. Aidoann Danara
Subject: Scientific Report - Bil III Incident

Abstract
Planet experiences large scale natural disaster, far in excess of what models could predict. USS Doyle Science Dept. charged with finding out why; discovers that disasters are artificial.

Observations
As well as normal orbital data, intensive atmospheric and tectonic scans were taken of Bil III for the purposes of constructing a working model of the planets geological activity. (See attachments Atmospheric Sensor Data.csv, Tectonic Logs.csv) Upon the failure of this activity, a officer was dispatched with the away team to take further readings. (See attachment Tricorder Log.csv)

Analysis
Initially, lab teams attempted to construct a theoretical model of the planet which would predict observations. (See Theoretical Model.holo) Attempt resulted in failure with no known model able to predict all observations. Upon intelligence received on planets surface, effects were revealed to me the result of artificial intervention from organisation 'Sisterhood of the Chains'.

Hypothesis
Through analysis of Tricorder Data, Intelligence gathered, and the efforts of the Engineering team who disabled the system it seems that the disasters were engineered via a network of linked devices placed at key geological positions. When operated these stimulated geological effects depending on their type, i.e generating high-freqancy waves to cause tectonic events, or small scale explosions to open 'plugs' in volcanic vents.

Away Team Report
Scientific Officers Present: Lt. Aigle Phos, Chief of Science
Other Personnel: Lt. Sabrina Holly, First Officer
  Major Marcus Pearce, Chief Security Officer
  Ensign Cassandra Ezi, Engineering officer
  Ensign Brandon Craig, Medical Officer

Our initial mission was to provide support and aid where possible to local bodies, while gathering scientific data as needed. Fundamentally, the mission was a success despite several side-tracks and a wrong initial-premise.

System Updates
Slight seasonal variations in all data, please see attached scans (See System Composition Scan.csv).

Conclusion
Further study into the methods and typical patterns of artificial natural disasters needs to be undertaken so as to better equip teams in the future for identifying and dealing with such cases.

Personal Notes
It is very easy to say that this mission was a unique one. I cannot personally recall hearing of any instance of a group or individual ever attempting a plot such as this. I cannot comment as to this 'Sisterhood's' motivations but... I can say the thought even simply frightens me. This must never be allowed to happen again.

Signed
Lt. Aigle Phos
Chief Of Science
USS Doyle, NCC-80221-A

Attachments: Atmospheric Sensor Data.csv; Tectonic Logs.csv; System Composition Scan.csv; Theoretical Model.holo; Tricorder Log.csv; Visuals.dat

Lt. Aigle Phos
Chief of Science
USS Doyle, NCC-80221-A

D238906J10