JP: Lt Commander Kael Thomas & Lt Naran Ola, "Unconnected, connection"

已查看 3 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Kael Thomas

未读,
2015年9月20日 09:51:072015/9/20
收件人 SB118 Darwin

((USS Darwin, Deck 7, First Officer's Office))

::Reports from the last mission were mostly filed and completed.  Going through them all and noting things to follow up on or action was a big task.  Normally the First Officer would handle most matters, but with Traenor only new to it, Kael had decided to follow up where appropriate this time around.  It was through Kael’s meticulous perusal that he discovered something interesting. Knowing that he had to check this, with the only person in the region right now, who was also a witness he wasted no time contacting Naran Ola.::

Thomas: =/\= Lieutenant Naran, long time no see.  How are things? =/\=

:: Naran Ola had been packing. She’d requested some personal leave to take care of some things she needed to do and had a trip to Starbase 185 planned. She gave the familiar face a friendly smile. It had been a while since she’d served with or talked with this man and she didn’t think this was a social call. No, she’d seen the news about Zakdorn on the FNS reports and had a feeling she knew where this would be going. ::

Naran: =/\= Going well Commander. I’ve just been preparing to take a little personal leave. How have you been? =/\=

Thomas: =/\= Quite well actually.  The Darwin has kept me relatively busy. =/\=

::He had been quite busy with the events of the last mission, but he didn’t really want to elaborate into that.  Not because he didn’t want to share, he just didn’t imagine the Bajoran women would care.::

Naran: =/\= So what can I do for you? =/\=

Thomas: ::Leaning in a little, Kael got to business.::=/\= While I wish it was just a house call, I’m actually wondering if you can help me out at all.  Some time now ago, we were working together on a mission on a Zalkonian Station. =/\=

:: That was over a year ago now but Naran remembered it well enough. It had been slightly chilling the ease with which the Zalkonian authorities were prepared to execute their own. She saw them as cold and ruthless in their endeavours, they reminded her of her own father - a highly successful figure in the defence industry. ::

Naran: =/\= I remember. How can I help? =/\=

Thomas: =/\= With the occupants all deceased we discovered a chemical toxin.  While I’m no chemist, I believe that we have found the same strain here.  If you have a moment, could you cast your eye over it? =/\=

Naran: =/\= Of course, sir.  =/\=

::Kael sent through the analysis to Ola with the hope that she had enough of a memory of it to either confirm it’s a match or not. Kael waited patiently as she went through the transmission data.  He wished he’d known her well enough to read the expression on her face.::

:: Naran Ola knew more about this chemical than anyone would ever suspect. She wasn’t a chemist either, although she did have a particular interest and aptitude for poisons and had made time to study it for months after they’d discovered it. She kept her face impassive as she analysed it. It took her mere moments to recognise what she saw but much longer to decide how best to present her findings. ::

Naran: =/\= The two chemicals are clearly very close to each other - too much so for it to be a coincidence. One chemical might be a derivative of another. =/\=

::It was the words that Kael in some way hoped to not hear.  The connection would appear to indicate that there was a greater force at work, seemingly using this chemical in more than one location.  While it was possibly a mere coincidence, Kael felt otherwise.::

Thomas: =/\= Any idea which way that might be?  =/\=

Naran: =/\= It’s impossible to say at this point. It could be either so far as I know. =/\=

Thomas: =/\= ::Taking a moment to think.:: Alright.  Was there any thing from the last mission that you could connect together?  This was found on a Zakdorn facility that was sabotaged it seems, by an outside influence. So how does it end up in two different places? =/\=

:: Naran’s face remained impassive. The Zalkonians were not well known for working with other species and were highly xenophobic. If the Zalkonians wanted to make a move on Zakdorn they’d send in a fleet of their own, they would not get someone else to act on their behalf. ::

Naran: =/\= Someone stole from the Zalkonians. Or vice versa. Two separate but uncanny developments? ::It wasn’t all that likely, but not impossible either.:: =/\=

Thomas: =/\= Right.  Well our chances of tracking them down are close to none, but I’ll keep that in mind.  Nothing else you can think of? =/\=

::Kael wasn't’ sure that it was simply just someone who stole from the Zalkonians.  There were a lot of information gaps that Kael couldn’t fill and to simply connect the two events with a thief seemed convenient.  Although the old Occam's razor theory of the simplest solution usually being the correct one did fill Kael’s mind.::

Naran: =/\= Not at the moment but if anything comes up I’ll let you know. =/\=

::The commlink closed and Kael was left pondering the events.  The connection between the two events could not be coincidence but Kael had nothing to go on.  Sitting back in his chair, he threw up his arms behind his head frustrated.  Even though he knew his old contact would likely not have his answers, he hoped nonetheless.::

Lieutenant Commander Kael Thomas - First Officer, USS Darwin-A NCC-99312

Academy Statistician, Calendar Master, Training Team

V238010KT0

and

Lieutenant Naran Ola - Security Officer - Deep Space 6

As simmed by:- ​Captain Renos  - Commanding Officer, USS Darwin NCC-99312-A

Captain's Council Member =/\= Promotions Coordinator =/\= Cadet Steward

Publicity Team Facilitator  =/\=  FWPA 2015 Co-Facilitator =/\= Training Team

A238805EB0

回复全部
回复作者
转发