JP: Lt. Commander Seff & Lt. Sassi Kax, 'Subspace Reunion'

Lt. Commander Seff

Mar 27, 2015, 11:48:47 PM3/27/15
to IC Constitution
((Seff’s Temporary Quarters, Deep Space 10))

:: Seff placed her desktop viewer on top of one of the many boxes of her stuff littering her temporary quarters as she sat down on her bed. She figured at some point she should move them into her Quarters on the Connie but… For now, here was good. Besides, she hadn’t been assigned them yet for some strange reason… ::

:: Either way, here would do for now. It’s not like she planned to spend much time in them anyway. She had never been to DSX before and was rather looking forward to seeing what it was like. She had heard there was some good bars here, although… She figured it wouldn’t be quite the same without her usual drinking partner. ::

Seff: oO I wonder… Oo

:: Seff turned the viewer on, opening straight to the subspace communication tab. She had it set up so her friends would appear first - what few she had. Her only hope was that she wasn’t actually working right now… ::

((Sassi Kax’s Quarters, USS Atlantis))

:: Her shift had ended, Sassi wandered into her quarters and tossed her PADD on the bed. It had been an interesting first day on the Atlantis and she was kinda ticked off at not being able to join Seff in the bar. Sassi’s viewer beeped with an incoming subspace message and Sassi sighed and answered it. ::

Kax: :: Watching as Seff appeared on the screen :: Seff!

Seff: ::Seff broke out into a big grin, it was good to see her friend again!:: Hello Sassy, how are you‽

Kax: :: Smiling :: Oh you know...being watched by the Breen and joining up with a ship as it mourns the death of an Engineer.

Seff: ::Seff raised an eyebrow, it certainly seems that she had almost as interesting a mission as she had.:: Well, that sounds like a whole bundle of nope!

Kax: :: Laughing :: I didn’t kill the Atlantis’s Chief Engineer damn it! Not my fault I got here just as her body was discovered.

:: Seff broke out into a fit of giggles, as long as the Engineer didn’t hit on her she was pretty sure that her story checked out. Probably. ::

Seff: Well, I guess I’ll believe you this time but… I’m not here to help hide the bodies you know. How’s the new CO?

Kax: :: Sigh :: I know...no one’s hit on me...yet...oh and Blueheart is redundant and asked me to do something while I was already doing it.

Seff: Well, first one good second one… Egh, its pretty standard. so, I take it by about this point you’re looking for a drink.

:: It had been almost a ritual between the two for years now, that if the mission went well they would go out for a drink… If it ended badly, they would go out for two. ::

Kax: :: A knowing smile :: Always. I wish you were here, the people here seem...uptight...and there is no Ferengi bartender for me to rip off and blackmail. So, how’s your life away from the Tell?

:: Seff laughed slightly, perhaps not having a Ferengi to threaten was *actually* a good thing for once… Although Seff knew she would miss the discounts… And the contraband… ::

Seff: Its not too bad, more-or-less the usual. Weird temporal rifts, ship’s being torn apart by forces beyond my understanding, and very large Andorians blaming themselves for it. In short, nothing like the Tell! Damn is it exhilarating though.

:: Sassi smiled. There were few ships like the Tell, boring missions and insane shore leaves filled with adventure and alcohol. Though, alcohol was kinda a gimmie, she’d have that anyway no matter where or when she ended up. ::

Kax: Is it as exhilarating as the shuttle incident?

:: Though Sassi had to admit, nothing was as fun or exhilarating as the shuttle incident. ::

Seff: ::deadpan:: We don’t talk about the shuttle incident.

Kax: I know, I was referencing it not talking about it, :: Laughing :: you’re avoiding the question.

Seff: Welllll… I think you know the answer.

Kax: :: Smiling : Point, there is little that can top that...

Seff: Although… I’m pretty sure the Connie’s away team came pretty close… They ended up in quite a few alternative versions of the ship.

Kax: Oh yeah? You mean like that one holoprogram on Risa?

Seff: ::laughing:: Not quite like the holoprogram… At least I hope not. Fun times though!

Kax: I miss our outrageous shore leave adventures.

:: Seff smiled, rather distantly. It was true, they were really some of the best times she’d had… She was pretty sure if they had kept up she wouldn’t have survived them but… They were fun, the literal best of times. ::

Seff: Me too, Sassy. Me too.

Kax: Who would’ve thought we would end up on different ships reminiscing about the good old days?

:: Sassi smiled. The USS Tell was home to the best years of her life, and she had imagined herself and Seff one day commanding the ship together, much to everyone’s dismay ::

Seff: Heh, I know what you mean… Roll of the dice I guess…

:: Seff looked down into the one box she had opened at a little going away present she had bought herself… If there was anytime… She pulled the bottle out of the box, placing it in sight of the screen. ::

Seff: ::Raising her eyebrows in an almost playful manner:: So, about that after mission drink?

:: With a smile Sassi reached over to the box next to her desk and pulled out a bottle of her own. Ripping the cap off and raising the bottle to the screen Sassi held it in a toasting fashion. Seff ripped the cap of her own with her teeth and repeated the gesture. ::

Sassi: To yet another mission, and the hope we will one day be on the same ship again.

Seff: Agreed, and to friendship and to blackmailing a Ferengi for cheap booze!

:: Seff tilted the neck of the bottle, downing half of the thing in a gulp. Man that tasted good… She was really glad that this was one tradition she wouldn’t have to give up now that she was gone! There was nothing like drinking good stuff with good people. Particularly with your number one drinking buddy. ::

:: Sassi grinned and repeated the gesture. The pair had always walked the line between sisterhood and friendship, and upholding a time honored tradition while on different ships was nothing short of expected. ::

Kax: Too bad we can’t do this in person, it’s much more fun. I guess this works in a pinch though.

Seff: Yea, though I guess like this we can’t get into a bar brawl at least! :smiling:: Remember that time on DS 8?

Kax: :: Laughing :: Now that was an epic fight...and if I recall I sent the punk home broke and broken...men really need to learn not to flirt with me.

:: Seff raised an eyebrow at punk, she almost felt sorry for the poor Ensign before she remembered his chat-up-line. ‘How *you* doing? Seriously? ::

Seff: ::smirking:: Well… You do know there are ways of dealing with that.

Kax: :: Raising her eyebrows at Seff’s comment :: I...oO Am speechless...Oo

:: Seff broke out into laughter before taking another swig. She was really rather glad she had sprung for this, it was dammed good. ::

Kax: :: Amused look :: Now you wouldn’t be flirting with me yourself now, would you?

Seff: ::Mock shocked:: Me? Never. ::giggling::

Kax: oO Oh my god...she IS flirting with me...Oo ::Following suit taking a swig from her bottle. Playfully. :: You are an evil menace!

Seff: ::playfully:: Darling, if it took you this long to work that out...

Kax: :: Playfully and matter of factly :: It didn’t, I’m pointing out the obvious, get it right.

:: Sassi couldn’t contain herself from bursting into a giggle fit at this whole situation, which Seff quickly joined in on. ::

Seff: That you are… So, how do you like your self-gift ::smiling:: mine is pretty good.

Kax: :: Looking down at her drink :: Tasty. Would be better if it were in a bar though...like that one time you met my parents on DS 285.

Seff: Heh yeah… That reminds me, you will never guess were the Connie is usually stationed?

Kax: Oh? Where? Risa?

:: Seff laughed, almost spilling some of her drink. ::

Seff: I wish! Nah, near 285. We could totally meet up next time you come down to see you’re folks?

Kax: My parents...THAT will be a...dark...conversation.

Seff: Well then, maybe you should meet up with them next time you're down to see me then! ::Seff stuck out her tongue in a playful manner.::

:: Sassi blushed and burst into more giggles. ::

Kax: :: Seriously :: But seriously, the dead Engineer is my adopted cousin. I don’t know if my mom knows yet...I haven’t had a chance to call her.

:: Seff put her bottle down to one side, her face filling with a particularly rare emotion for her. Genuine concern. She was pretty sure she had learned it from TV. ::

Seff: Damn. Are you OK?

:: Seff couldn’t remember her ever mentioning a cousin - which considering how little they both talked about their families wasn’t unusual - but… Damn. ::

Kax: To be honest...I didn’t know her and I’m pretty sure she didn’t know she even had family but still... I honestly don’t know how I feel about this.

:: Sassi chugged the rest of the bottle without thinking and placed the bottle on the desk. It was wicked messed up day. ::

:: Seff picked her bottle back up, taking a long gulp for her dead cousin. It seemed right. She rather suspected that this would be the kind of situation where the distance was the most visible. Right now, what she really wanted to do was reach out and give her friend a hug however… Damn spacial physics. It was time for hug over subspace. ::

Seff: Subspace hug?

Kax: Subspace hug...stupid physics!

:: Seff laughed to herself, savouring their shared thoughts on the matter. Man, some day she would have to get Sassi to dig up some dirt on some Admiral to get them together again. ::

Kax: Why did Starfleet ever split us up? Its cruel and unusual punishment.

Seff:::leaning in:: See, I suspect its a physics experiment. They want to find if the can release more energy splitting us up, than the atom. What they don’t know, is the atom at least kills you... quickly. ::smirking::

Kax: I hate physics....now we know why I had to go back to school

Seff: Nah, that was for crashing that shuttle.

Kax: ::Mocking Seff’s deadpan :: We don’t talk about the shuttle incident.

Seff: See, you’re learning after all!

Kax: :: Playfully :: I had a good mentor.

Seff: Damn right you did, and don’t you forget it.

Kax: How could I?

Seff: Hmm… Shuttle-crash induced amnesia? Nah, that still wouldn’t do it. No matter how hard you try, you’ll never forget me! MWHAHAHAHAHAH!

Kax: You’d find a way to make me remember, just remember the same applies to you. :: Smiles ::

Seff: Always.

Kax: Well, we should go. Don’t be a stranger.

:: Seff smiled, in kinda a sad way. She really didn’t want their call to end. Truth be told, she was really missing Sassi… Missing moments like this. ::

Seff: Same to you, Sassy. You ever need me, I’m a single call and a bottle of Altairian brandy away.

:: With a sad nod, Sassi reached for the end call button. Wishing more than anything that she could be with Seff in a bar right now. ::

Lt. Commander Seff
Tactical Officer

USS Constitution, NCC-9012-B

&