Using Proxies

Josh Kovach

Apr 29, 2015, 2:03:04 PM4/29/15
to sav...@googlegroups.com
I'm attempting to access a SOAP client that I can access over a VPN with a whitelisted ip-address. The WSDL I can access over the IP address has a <soap:address location="https://www.example.com:8080/some/long/path/to/services"> but I can only access it using the IP address "https://xxx.xx.xx.xx:8080/some/long/path/to/services". From what I've been reading it looks like I can use a proxy on the client to make Savon use the IP host instead of the host defined in the WSDL, but from testing it out, it doesn't seem to be the case.

      @client = Savon.client(
        proxy: "https://xxx.xx.xx.xx:8080",
        basic_auth: ["username", "password"]
      )

However, when I call the service, it appears to still be calling the urls defined in the WSDL:

    @client.call(:my_action, message: {some: "message"})

It is still calling out to the locations as they are in the WSDL, not using the proxy host.

Am I just misunderstanding the use of proxy? Is there some other way to make Savon use a different host?