Peer review

ShadeOfLight

May 12, 2013, 5:47:57 PM5/12/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Seeing as we're all going to be responsible for Save State, I thought it was a good idea to make a thread where we can submit our drafts and subject them to a bit of peer review. Tater already did that for The Darkness in another topic here.

But seeing as this will be the first one not done by the man himself, I'm going to put it up here.
As of right now, I'm done up to and including "the moment", with only "the impact" left to do, but I'll get to that tomorrow. (I want it up monday, on schedule)
Everything under 'the impact' are my mental notes by the way. Oh, and the .docx includes manual bbcode, so it'll be easier to copy and paste later.

For now, I would like you guys to take a look at it and tell me if I'm bringing the moment across alright. It's kind of difficult to tell if you've written it yourself.
Fire Emblem.docx
Message has been deleted

Fandango

May 13, 2013, 4:26:55 AM5/13/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Wonderfully written ShadeOfLight - already looking excellent from my pov.

taterchimp

May 13, 2013, 9:02:03 AM5/13/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay in getting back (I have a dark souls addiction apparently). Looks great! Excited to see the final result.

smurfee mcgee

May 13, 2013, 10:47:23 PM5/13/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Very nice, Shade. Sorry I didn't take a look yesterday. I couldn't view it for some reason and forgot to tell you. You know you can always just throw the draft into the blog and keep it hidden.

For what it's worth I thought the moment was brought across just right. (Well fuck!)

Colton Olds

May 14, 2013, 12:40:09 AM5/14/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
I didn't read it (because Spoilers, the game is still in my backlog). If we get to one that's spoiler heavy for a game we want to play but nobody's played it yet, what do you think we'd do? I don't think it'll happen, but I am curious to see if any of you have a plan for proofreading that sort of thing.

ShadeOfLight

May 14, 2013, 7:24:54 AM5/14/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
I think in that case we'll just have to trust whoever's writing it. It shouldn't come up often though, I doubt we'll be covering the newest of the new games, so there's a good chance that someone either has played it or doesn't mind the spoilers.

taterchimp

May 14, 2013, 10:31:08 AM5/14/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Just don't screw up while writing it. Super simple stuff. But yeah, I agree with Shade, it probably won't come up too often, and if it foes grammatical errors are fine here and there. I think the only time we may see this would be indie games, like to the moon/dear Esther
Message has been deleted

Fandango

Jun 6, 2013, 3:14:03 PM6/6/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys. I've saved my blog on the savestate dtoid account as a draft - take a look and let me know if you think it's ok to publish. Many thanks.

Fandango

Jun 7, 2013, 3:52:36 PM6/7/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I'm away this weekend so I'll go ahead and publish the thing. Take it down if you feel it needs work. Ta.

TronKim

Jun 7, 2013, 6:18:59 PM6/7/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
I assume someone already took it down? I don't see it anywhere, and I'm too lazy to log into the shared account.

also, where is everybody?

taterchimp

Jun 7, 2013, 6:26:05 PM6/7/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
I believe it was posted with a timestamp of when it was written.  May take it down just to re post on Monday for traffic & recaps.

Also, I'm here.  Hello!

Also also, I believe that means that the schedule needs updating.  I have a topic I would like to write about, but anyone who hasnt takes priority.  May just be a rebel and post on an off week because I am super stoked about it.  Its on a flash game!

taterchimp

Jun 11, 2013, 11:16:01 PM6/11/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hey y'all.  I decided to write this up because why not?  Also, because I am having a pretty well turrible day, and to be honest, the community at DToid makes me feel a lot better.  In any event, this is what I would like to have for my next Save State and I wanted to see what y'all thought of it.  I need to find the name of the game and the URL for it, so there are placeholders.  Also, today was absolutely terrible for me, so this is a first draft written while under emotional duress and influences of small to large amounts of alcohol, so it isn't quite perfect.

Feedback on content is appreciated - do you think this is a cool enough moment to share?

Thanks y'all, enjoy EEE

Fandango

Jun 12, 2013, 7:23:03 AM6/12/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for your trouble taterchip, I hope your day gets better. I had a quick look at the article and yes, I would say it's well worthy of our blog. Chin up dude :)