Ride Once Again

smurfee mcgee

Oct 24, 2013, 7:20:31 PM10/24/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, what's up?? The C Blogs have been really slow lately, and I think we should try and get the ball rolling by bringing Save State back. It's such a good series with a lot of potential! What do you think tater, Shade, everybody?

ShadeOfLight

Oct 24, 2013, 7:28:15 PM10/24/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
I mentioned it to tater already. I'm definitely down with getting this thing back up and running. The thing that's holding me back is that I'm having the busiest semester I've ever had, with 5 papers to write on top of everything else. Still, I'll help in any way I can that doesn't involve me doing a full blog. (Hell, stare at me with those puppy-dog eyes of yours and I'd even be crazy enough to do that too.)

There's steam left in this baby. I feel it.

taterchimp

Oct 24, 2013, 7:53:41 PM10/24/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Hell yes!

I'm waiting on a Steam release of Deadly Premonition so I can cover something from it once I push on through.  Probably amazing grace.

Colton Olds

Oct 24, 2013, 8:45:05 PM10/24/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
You can throw my name into the hat of people who have been super busy. I'm not opposed to it, but I've been swamped with work lately, not to mention having to juggle game development and art stuff. Not opposed to making something for this, but man, I need a break haha.

sent to taterchimp the first time, not the groups, whoops

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Colton Olds <xplod...@gmail.com> wrote:
You can throw my name into the hat of people who have been super busy. I'm not opposed to it, but I've been swamped with work lately, not to mention having to jungle game development and art stuff. Not opposed to making something for this, but man, I need a break haha.

smurfee mcgee

Oct 25, 2013, 12:43:18 AM10/25/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Haha I was also thinking about a DP one the other day. The Thomas twist specifically.

Andy Dixon

Oct 25, 2013, 1:33:25 PM10/25/13
to smurfee mcgee, save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Yes! Please do this!

Andy Dixon | Community Director, Destructoid

Script Dtoid

Oct 26, 2013, 12:44:14 PM10/26/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Save State needs to come back! I joined this group with the intention of doing a blog about Little Inferno, but I wasn't happy with my draft. However I've been practicing my writing with other blogs, so I feel confident I can contribute something now. When more people are ready we could organize the blogs in a schedule.

ShadeOfLight

Nov 14, 2013, 12:19:56 PM11/14/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
By the way, I'm almost finished with that Deadly Premonition Let's Play. I've only got 2 or 3 episodes to go, and I expect the last one to be finishing up sidequests.
So after I'm done I could help you with that if you want.

Also, unless these last few episodes completely subvert all of my expectations I totally caught on who the killer was.

taterchimp

Nov 14, 2013, 11:43:26 PM11/14/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
As far as starting things up again, do we have a graphic for Script, and can we make one for LSotHoBL?  He wants to be part of the group, but refuses to cave in and have a google to join the group.  To that effect, can we post stuff in the forums to coordinate?  I don't remember if this or that would have any advantage, I just went with what someone wiser than I am went with.

As far as my personal ride again, I have an idea for what I would like to do next that I should be able to play through, capture, and write up this weekend.  Excited to have a growing crew, seeing more of what everyone has to say, and having the official posts back on the front page!

Let's show Carter how its done!!

Andy Dixon

Nov 14, 2013, 11:46:08 PM11/14/13
to taterchimp, save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Nothing wrong with doing this in the forums! Only issue might be that it will make them less of a surprise when they hit, but that's no biggie :)

ShadeOfLight

Nov 15, 2013, 4:31:43 AM11/15/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Graphics for Script and Last Scion aren't made yet, but I'll fix them up in a jiffy. For the latter I'm probably going to go with Last Scion.sav because seriously dude, choose a shorter username.

The forums will be fine too, I'm just going to have to make sure that I get e-mail warnings because otherwise I'll forget to check the thread.

Finally, I don't know what your personal ride again is, but until I can make the time to write a blog of my own, I'll try to help in any way you need.

ShadeOfLight

Nov 15, 2013, 9:21:15 AM11/15/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Presents. I bring them.

Script: http://i.imgur.com/yghqIFX.jpg
And I've got two for Scion, let me know which one you guys prefer, I'm asking him through a Dtoid PM.
Long version: http://i.imgur.com/xdtgp7C.jpg
Short version: http://i.imgur.com/PgoPqEe.jpg

I'm surprised how well the long one turned out.

Finally, Deadly Premonition update: I was correct about the killer, but I did not see that bossfight coming. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
That was both amazingly stupid and stupidly amazing. I fucking love it.

smurfee mcgee

Nov 15, 2013, 9:30:56 PM11/15/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
I think the forums are a good place to get more people involved. We can still keep the group if you want, too.

taterchimp

Nov 22, 2013, 12:41:13 PM11/22/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bgkcXB5JSCt4U7KMO_yWJ-6GnORkhzAubIjM7zvJ2wo/edit

Hey guys!  Roughest of drafts here (just finished it), but this is a thing that I wrote up for this!  Tiamat's Bridge, baby!  And the backstory of my avatar!  Wanted to get feedback, and maybe check in to see if we have some others that could post after it.  I was thinking of posting it the Monday after Thanksgiving, after cleaning it up, adding pictures, all that kind of stuff.

Let me know your thoughts!

taterchimp

Nov 22, 2013, 12:43:49 PM11/22/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
"hey taterchimp, why isn't there a good conclusion".  Because I'm dumb and hasty, me!  So, there will be another blurb after that, but yeah, rest should still be good.  Sorry guys.  I got excited.