Graphic?

taterchimp

Apr 21, 2013, 5:11:23 PM4/21/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
I'm terrible at computer related drawing, but I think a graphic for Save State would be cool.  I was thinking of a mocked up emulator, with Save State/Load State being selected.  If we wanted to be overly fancy, having a different one for each author could be neat as well, but would take some extra effort.  What do you all think?

ShadeOfLight

Apr 25, 2013, 5:59:49 AM4/25/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to make you a graphic over the next couple of days. I was thinking of having a fake emulator with "Save State" and "Load State" in green 8-bitish text (like the Dtoid font). If you want to differentiate things according to writer, that shouldn't be too much trouble. Provided that the base image remains the same (and isn't too complicated), it's just a matter of redoing the text.

I think you could do this in two ways, let me know which you'd prefer.
1) Have a central account (username Save State) which everyone has access to. Make one central banner, but give everyone an individualized header to use in the text itself. This is what the Recaps does: one account, but at the top of every Recaps you can see who the capper on duty is by the [writer]isms pic.
2) Give everyone a separate Save State account. For instance you would use the username "Save State = Taterchimp" or something (can you use "=" in a username?), I would be "Save State = Shade", etc. You can then give everyone an individualized banner.

ShadeOfLight

Apr 25, 2013, 11:27:02 AM4/25/13
http://i.imgur.com/FXmGt1Q.jpg

So I got a tad carried away and started working on it already. I must admit that I'm not particularly good at this (seriously, don't ask for my methods, they'll disillusion you at best). Tell me what you think about it, though.
I was thinking that the individualized ones (whether it be banner or header) would say "Load State: Taterchimp.sav" and so on.

taterchimp

Apr 25, 2013, 6:08:18 PM4/25/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Looks great to me!  I'm thinking I will set the group account up tomorrow, so I will plan on using that unless anyone objects.

ShadeOfLight

Apr 26, 2013, 5:13:54 AM4/26/13
Do you want the individualized ones still? If so I need to know what exactly to make (right now it seems like you want a central account with a central banner but individualized headers), and who to make it for. Taterchimp, Ninjapresident, Smurfee and myself?

Oh, and I forgot: what should we do with the avatar? I was thinking maybe a Save Point, like in old RPGs and stuff. I'm not sure if there's any good pics around that really show that off though. Maybe a Sonic checkpoint?

EDIT: http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/0/0b/SavePoint-ffvii.png
That's a Final Fantasy VII one. Probably too long for an avatar though.

EDIT AGAIN: What about this, I like it: http://i.imgur.com/CkAKdrA.jpg

TronKim

May 27, 2013, 9:40:52 PM5/27/13
to save-sta...@googlegroups.com
Also, if anyone wants their individual blog headers, I'll be happy to make some. I made this for myself just a while ago

http://i.imgur.com/we4EtPJ.jpg