productratings and comments forms (preview, error)

Darren Hollenbeck

Apr 9, 2012, 4:18:48 PM4/9/12
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
How would I go about establishing new templates for the productratings app so that for a comment preview or error would show the form integrated to the product page like the initial entry form already is?

It looks like the satchmo_ext/productratings/templates/productratings/product_rating_form.html template was designed with showing errors in mind, but the productratings app does not override the django.contrib.comments urls and views such that the page stays on the product view with a re-displayed form + errors.

Chris Moffitt

Apr 9, 2012, 5:39:52 PM4/9/12
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
Unfrotunately this has been broken for a while. It needs to be re-written to use the updated comments framework but I just haven't had the time to dive into it. If you're interested in tackling, I'll be happy to provide some guidance.

-Chris

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Darren Hollenbeck <dar...@softplc.com> wrote:
How would I go about establishing new templates for the productratings app so that for a comment preview or error would show the form integrated to the product page like the initial entry form already is?

It looks like the satchmo_ext/productratings/templates/productratings/product_rating_form.html template was designed with showing errors in mind, but the productratings app does not override the django.contrib.comments urls and views such that the page stays on the product view with a re-displayed form + errors.

Marconius Cuthemustard

May 30, 2012, 11:39:45 AM5/30/12
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
I started a discussion about this in satchmo-developpers group. Join the discussion if you have ideas of how to fix this module.