Moving to pip for the salt package

已查看 35 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Rémy Dernat

未读,
2018年1月12日 05:30:142018/1/12
收件人 salt-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am currently managing my salt-minions installs through the distro package and I would like to switch to the pip way. The idea is to get a more recent and a more homogeneous package on my minions.

Is there anyone here who already wrote a formula for this purpose ?

Best regards,
Rémy

Nick Garber

未读,
2018年1月21日 17:27:092018/1/21
收件人 salt-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rémy, just want to make sure you're aware of http://repo.saltstack.com/ - which offers recent packages.

Rémy Dernat

未读,
2018年1月22日 08:31:572018/1/22
收件人 salt-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

Yes, I am aware of this URL, but I always used distro specific installs with ditro/package repositories. I think I will dig into the bootstrap file to install the same version on all my minions with pip (-P option).

Thanks,
Rémy

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018, 05:30 Rémy Dernat <rem...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am currently managing my salt-minions installs through the distro package and I would like to switch to the pip way. The idea is to get a more recent and a more homogeneous package on my minions.

Is there anyone here who already wrote a formula for this purpose ?

Best regards,
Rémy

Daniel Wallace

未读,
2018年1月23日 10:00:092018/1/23
收件人 Salt-users
You cannot install using pip from the bootstrap, that is specifically for installing some dependencies with pip, not salt.

using the bootstrap script, you can specify which stable version to install on most distributions.  `bash bootstrap.sh stable 2017.7.1`

This does not work for distros like ArchLinux where we do not package for them in the repo, and where they do not keep older versions in their repos.

If you want to make sure that you can pin older versions, you should install with git using the bootstrap `bash bootstrap.sh git v2016.11.5` and specify which git tag to build from.

Robert Hernandez

未读,
2018年1月30日 17:49:042018/1/30
收件人 Salt-users

Daniel Wallace

未读,
2018年1月30日 17:49:312018/1/30
收件人 Salt-users
Ahh, i was unaware of that, that is perfect.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子