2016.11.0 (Carbon) going live next week

MeggieBot

Nov 23, 2016, 4:44:09 PM11/23/16
to Salt-users
Hi all!

2016.11.0 has now been tagged and we are in the process of creating packages. We plan to release 2016.11.0 early next week.

Please note that this means that the version of Salt in /latest/ on the SaltStack repo will be changing from 2016.3 to 2016.11. If you wish to pin to a specific release rather than updating to the latest version, please follow the instructions on repo.saltstack.com for each distribution.

Also note that when 2016.11 goes live some deprecated paths on repo.saltstack.com will be removed. See this post for more information: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/salt-announce/5HKul7Azv-M

-----------
Meggie Woodfield
Engineering Program Manager
@meggiebot Twitter/GitHub

Daniel Krämer

Nov 24, 2016, 9:02:55 AM11/24/16
to Salt-users
i just did pip install --upgrade salt
and now i'm on
# salt-call --versions-report
Salt Version:
           Salt: 2016.11.0

Is this intended?

David Boucha

Nov 29, 2016, 11:40:08 AM11/29/16
to Salt-users
We usually make the release hidden on pypi until we're ready to do the official release. I'm not sure if that happened this time.
Now that 2016.11.0 has been released I'll check to make sure it's hidden until the appropriate time for the next release.