Multiprocessing in proxy minion not working as expected.

Rajvi Dhimar

Jan 17, 2017, 2:18:38 AM1/17/17
to Salt-users
Hi all,

In the junos proxy, we make a connection to the Juniper device and store that connection object in a dictionary. When we execute an execution module from the CLI, we call this connection object and use this connection to perform further actions. There are two cases:
  1. With multiprocessing as 'True' in proxy config file. This is default, in this each command the minion receives a new process is spawned and the command is executed within that. In this case, the execution module doesn't work.
  2. With multiprocessing as 'False', the new command is executed in a thread, instead of process. In this case it works.
Can someone explain the reason for this?

Thanks,
Rajvi Dhimar
Software Engineer 1
Juniper Networks