After upgrade to 2016.3.1 Windows Updates no longer working

BKeep

Jun 24, 2016, 6:16:58 PM6/24/16
to Salt-users
Previously I had been using 2015.8.7 and used Salt to perform windows patches. After upgrading the master and minions to 2016.3.1 windows updates no longer returns the appropriate information

[root@salt salt]# salt 'server.domain.tld' win_update.list_updates
server2
.domain.tld:

After logging into the server running the minion and going to windows updates there are 11 patches waiting to be installed.

I then downgraded back to salt-minion 2015.8.7 and was able to list the pending patches
[root@salt salt]# salt 'server.domain.tld' grains.get saltversion
lansweeper
.monroeclinic.org:

2015.8.7
[root@salt salt]# salt 'server.domain.tld' win_update.list_updates
server2
.domain.tld:

There are 11 updates, by category there are:

Update Rollups: 3

Windows Server 2008 R2: 11

Security Updates: 7

Updates: 1

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Brandon

saltycdr

Jun 25, 2016, 4:21:23 AM6/25/16
to Salt-users

Hi,

I use win_wua.list_update install=True to update my Windows hosts.

-
cDR

BKeep

Jun 27, 2016, 2:39:43 PM6/27/16