Salt 2015.8.10 to 2016.3 PR 32288 regression

M_Smith

May 31, 2016, 10:59:06 AM5/31/16
to Salt-users
PR:
https://github.com/saltstack/salt/pull/32288

Original issue:
https://github.com/saltstack/salt/issues/18429

This was resolved (I verified) in 2015.8.10, but has been re-broken in 2016.3.  Reproduction is identical to original issue.

Is this an accidental regression? Or should I not assume that fixes in previous releases would be included in the later release?

Wolodja Wentland

May 31, 2016, 3:42:19 PM5/31/16
to M_Smith, Salt-users
M_Smith <mi...@6ft.com> writes:

> https://github.com/saltstack/salt/pull/32288
>
> Original issue:
> https://github.com/saltstack/salt/issues/18429
>
> This was resolved (I verified) in 2015.8.10, but has been re-broken in
> 2016.3. Reproduction is identical to original issue.

It would be great if you could comment on the original bug reports and
link to a new one. This should get fixed if is indeed broken again in
2016.3 and it would be a pity if it stays that way, just because a post
on a mailing list didn't receive the attention it deserves.

Thank you!

> Is this an accidental regression? Or should I not assume that fixes in
> previous releases would be included in the later release?

I haven't had time to check this, but it should™ be fixed in 2016.3 if
it had been fixed in 2015.8.10.
--
Wolodja Wentland <bab...@gmail.com>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA 36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC

M_Smith

May 31, 2016, 3:54:00 PM5/31/16
to Salt-users, mi...@6ft.com
Will do - was posting here initially in case I didn't fully understand the release cadence / process cycle for Salt. I am still pretty new to the system.

M_Smith

May 31, 2016, 4:02:41 PM5/31/16
to Salt-users, mi...@6ft.com

Colton Myers

Jun 9, 2016, 5:48:57 PM6/9/16
to salt-...@googlegroups.com, mi...@6ft.com
Because these branches are being maintained in parallel, 2015.8.10 actually is ahead of 2016.3.0 in bugfixes. This is because the 2016.3.0 was put into release candidate status with controlled merging earlier chronologically than 2015.8.10.

In the long run, all bugfixes should be merged forward, from 2015.5 to 2015.8 to 2016.3 and to develop. Your bugfix will probably be in the next 2016.3 release (and probably is in the branch now, as babilen mentioned)

--
Colton Myers
@basepi

M_Smith

Jun 22, 2016, 3:40:22 PM6/22/16
to Salt-users, mi...@6ft.com
I just snagged 2016.3.1 and this bug is now fixed.