Jinjabread: Webui for writing and testing states

Christopher Baklid

Sep 25, 2016, 6:00:42 AM9/25/16
to Salt-users
I made a little webui for writing and testing states

I hope it can help newcomers as well as seasoned saltstackers to debug their states

Enjoy!

Thomas Phipps

Sep 25, 2016, 6:56:27 AM9/25/16
to Salt-users
this looks nice. a lot nicer then my in salt module for doing something along the same lines. but that uses the built in salt rendering engine.

how does this handle shortcut methods of calling vars. or using execution modules to set vars in jinja?

such as {{ salt.pillar.get('mysql:password','default_passwd') }} or {{ salt.network.ip_addrs(cidr='10.10.0.0/'16') }}

Thomas Phipps
Linux/Openstack/Logstash

Christopher Baklid

Sep 25, 2016, 7:55:00 AM9/25/16
to Salt-users
Thank you!

At the moment it doesn't. All it does is render Jinja2, there are zero hooks into any salt code.
But, It most certainly should do that and hopefully I will find the time to do it!

I'll have to take a look at your code there, maybe I can get some inspiration for how to do it properly :)

It's a very quick prototype at the moment, I started on it friday evening  (2 days ago from this post) so it's very barebones for now!

Also, code contributions are very much welcome *wink wink nudge nudge*

saltycdr

Sep 26, 2016, 3:02:13 AM9/26/16
to Salt-users
Really nice!

Christopher Baklid

Sep 26, 2016, 4:19:36 PM9/26/16
to Salt-users
thanks!

It's early days, I hope to get started on implementing proper salt rendering in the coming weekend, but there's a lot of salt code to go through