how do you stop salt-minion on MacOS?

Vernon D. Cole

Aug 9, 2017, 3:04:04 PM8/9/17
to Salt-users
I have installed a salt minion on my Mac workstation using homebrew.  It works great.
I  have learned to restart it (to make it re-read configurations) by typing 'sudo pkill -f salt-minion' following which it restarts itself.

But how can I actually stop it?

'sudo launchctl' cannot see it.
'brew services' cannot see it.

My 9mm automatic seems excessive, and I want to save it for the zombie apocalypse.

Shane Lee

Aug 10, 2017, 11:59:15 AM8/10/17
to Salt-users
I think something like `sudo launchctl disable com.saltstack.salt.minion` should work.

Shane Lee

Aug 10, 2017, 12:00:17 PM8/10/17
to Salt-users
Actually, that probably only works if you installed using the official salt pkg.... Not sure how you'd do it with a homebrew install.

C. R. Oldham

Aug 10, 2017, 12:11:27 PM8/10/17
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
I don't know much about how homebrew handles services.  I looked at the formula (https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/master/Formula/saltstack.rb) but was unable to see any service or launchctl plist in there.  Maybe the homebrew-core people can help you if you open an issue at that repo?

signature.asc