Tracking failed minion checkins

Paul Mulvihill

Nov 30, 2016, 11:01:57 AM11/30/16
to Salt-users
Hi All

Does anyone know of how to get the minion to push back the results of it applying a High state to the master.
I am building out Salt estate and want to record if any of the minions have problems.
I have seen the logstash stuff that ties in to the master event bus. Although this only works for any jobs triggered by the master. Not the results of any minion checking in and applying it's highstate (setup via schedule).

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or if the only way will be to have each minion send it's logs off directly to something like elastic via logstash.

Thanks

Paul