Change Linux network settings

Odysseaus

Apr 26, 2017, 4:41:22 PM4/26/17
to Salt-users
How do you change centos/rhel 7 ip address and other network settings through a salt state?

Daniel Wallace

Apr 26, 2017, 5:21:30 PM4/26/17
to Salt-users
You should be able to use the `network.managed` state to do this.

https://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/states/all/salt.states.network.html

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Odysseaus <gbu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do you change centos/rhel 7 ip address and other network settings
> through a salt state?

Odysseaus

Apr 27, 2017, 2:23:05 PM4/27/17
to Salt-users
Thank you, that worked as my temporary fix.  I am still trying to figure out how to do a complete salt-cloud build for a new vm off a template including the ip.  I use cloud.maps at the moment.  I can do this with rhel 6 but having issues with rhel 7.