SaltStack 2017.7 on RHEL5

dr...@dr4ke.net

Oct 13, 2017, 12:11:51 PM10/13/17
to Salt-users
Hi,
There is no package repository for 2017.7 versions of SaltStack for RHEL/CentOS 5.
Is it that this platform is not supported anymore?

Regards.

Daniel Wallace

Oct 13, 2017, 12:13:09 PM10/13/17
to Salt-users
Centos 5 end of lifed before 2017.7 got released, so we do support any packages on it.

These are the announcements for the last 2 releases that supported centos/rhel 5

Florian Ermisch

Oct 14, 2017, 4:25:16 AM10/14/17
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Drake,

you can try to build salt with pkgsrc (http://pkgsrc.org/). Worked for me
on the one i386 Ubuntu I still got
around where there is no repo from
SaltStack either.

Regards, Florian

Am 13. Oktober 2017 18:13:00 MESZ schrieb Daniel Wallace <dwal...@saltstack.com>:
>Centos 5 end of lifed before 2017.7 got released, so we do support any
>packages on it.
>
>https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/salt-announce/QBQjWeBF_3g
>https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/salt-announce/kB0BPVRv_Sk
>
>These are the announcements for the last 2 releases that supported
>centos/rhel 5
>
>On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 2:58 AM, <dr...@dr4ke.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> There is no package repository for 2017.7 versions of SaltStack for
>> RHEL/CentOS 5.
>> Is it that this platform is not supported anymore?
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> --
>send an
>> email to salt-users+...@googlegroups.com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/
>>
>msgid/salt-users/f9c33fb5-ddd4-46c7-bc4d-d3e5bcbf4166%40googlegroups.com
>>
><https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/salt-users/f9c33fb5-ddd4-46c7-bc4d-d3e5bcbf4166%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

dr...@dr4ke.net

Oct 16, 2017, 9:49:42 AM10/16/17
to Salt-users
Thank you for these answers. I guess I'll have to compile the needed packages or just stick to 2016.11 release for the time being.