Pillar storage and reactor setup

Rémy Dernat

Jul 27, 2016, 4:47:28 AM7/27/16
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have many pillars now. However, these pillars are stored in flat files.
For one project, I need a real dynamic pillar. This pillar could be modified after a minion fire an event.

So I need two things :
- to setup a reactor on my salt-master
- to change the type of storage of the desired pillar

The pillar is a standard yaml file. I think that mongodb would be the best choice for this storage even if I don't have any skill on mongo. Document storage would be suitable for this migration.

Perhaps, after a while, I would need to move a lot (or every) pillars to that database.

I think someone in this list already did that stuff. I did not find any tutorial/howto to do that common task.

What would you recommend ? How should I achieve/do that ?

Best regards,
Remy

Rémy Dernat

Jul 27, 2016, 10:01:03 AM7/27/16
to Salt-users
At least, I just created a little python script to import pillars into a mongodb:

I do not know if it works in any case. Need more tests...