GitFS with multiple branches

Patrick Vinas

Oct 21, 2016, 11:40:58 AM10/21/16
to Salt-users
Hello all,

We've got all our salt states in our git repo with the top file in the master branch and states in the "prod" branch. I'm trying to add a new branch/environment and having some difficulty. I create the git branch and make my changes, push them up. I switch to the master branch and edit the top file, adding the name of my branch as the environment name and configure the target matching and the states. I can list the repo contents with fileserver.file_list and I can run individual states on a minion with saltenv=<branch>. But... if I try to run a highstate with saltenv=<branch>, I get "No Top file or external nodes data matches found."

Pulling my hair out on this one. Can anyone assist?

dbeas...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2016, 6:52:09 AM10/22/16
to Salt-users
"We've got all our salt states in our git repo with the top file in the master branch and states in the "prod" branch."

In your branches that you wish to run with high state, make sure they have the top files. Sounds like your top file is only in the master branch.