debian squeeze repo still at 2014.7.1

schlag ify

Aug 25, 2015, 1:11:18 PM8/25/15
to Salt-users
Am wondering when 2015.5.3 was going to be made available?

thx in advance

Colton Myers

Sep 3, 2015, 4:50:10 PM9/3/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately it probably is not, at least not in the official squeeze repos. Instead, we serve newer versions of salt from debian.saltstack.com. Please see our installation docs for Debian:

--
Colton Myers
Core Engineer, SaltStack

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 11:11 AM, schlag ify <schl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Am wondering when 2015.5.3 was going to be made available?

thx in advance

Message has been deleted

schlag ify

Oct 4, 2015, 11:16:04 AM10/4/15
to Salt-users

Hm, I was referring to http://debian.saltstack.com, not the debian mirrors.

I have this in my sources.list.d:

--snip

deb http://debian.saltstack.com/debian squeeze-saltstack main

--snip

When i `apt-get update`, and then `apt-show-versions | grep salt`, i get this:

--snip

salt-common/squeeze-saltstack uptodate 2014.7.1+ds-3~bpo60+1

salt-minion/squeeze-saltstack uptodate 2014.7.1+ds-3~bpo60+1

--snip

--snip

apt-get install salt-minion

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

salt-minion is already the newest version.

--snip

Colton Myers

Oct 8, 2015, 4:47:49 PM10/8/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Hrm, I feel like there should be newer packages than 2014.7 there, but perhaps once Debian 8 came out packages were no longer made for squeeze?

In any case, you can always install from source using the bootstrap script:

wget https://bootstrap.saltstack.com -O salt.sh
sh salt.sh git v2015.8.0

--
Colton Myers