Debian package 2015.5.2 ETA?

Jakub Pinkas

Jun 29, 2015, 6:37:30 AM6/29/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

is there any information when new version (2015.5.2) will be available in repositories for debian?

Thank you for answer,

Joe Healy

Jun 30, 2015, 11:14:40 AM6/30/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
For those who are interested in debian and ubuntu packages, I've just uploaded the 2015.5.2 package to debian unstable. The rest of the process (debian.saltstack.com and launchpad ppa) is fairly mechanical and I'll be completing it in the morning.

If anyone is especially keen to get packages for their particular distro, you can use the relevant branch for your distro and git-buildpackage with the repo at http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-salt/salt.git.

Thanks all for your patience.

Cheers,

Joe

Jakub Pinkas

Jul 1, 2015, 2:21:11 AM7/1/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Good news in the morning.

Thank you Joe!

Joe Healy

Jul 1, 2015, 11:43:12 AM7/1/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Packages for ubuntu utopic, trusty and precise and debian jessie and wheezy are in the ppa:saltstack/salt-testing ppa and the RELEASE-testing repos at debian.saltstack.com.

Other releases will come shortly.

Cheers,

Joe

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Jakub Pinkas <kubap...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good news in the morning.

Thank you Joe!

Sebastien Estienne

Jul 1, 2015, 1:54:27 PM7/1/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Great news!

When can we expect to have the package in ppa:saltstack/salt ?

thanx

Joe Healy

Jul 2, 2015, 3:16:40 AM7/2/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
I pushed them there a couple of hours ago, so they should be available now.

Cheers,

Joe

Colm Reilly

Jul 2, 2015, 3:31:03 AM7/2/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much!

I can start using the inotify beacon now :)

Daniel Krämer

Jul 3, 2015, 3:27:45 AM7/3/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

Sebastien Estienne

Jul 16, 2015, 3:54:38 PM7/16/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Thanx a lot!

Do you think that .3 will be available soon too?

Joe Healy

Jul 16, 2015, 6:26:11 PM7/16/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
I'm putting some time aside today to do it.

Cheers,

Joe

Sebastien Estienne

Jul 17, 2015, 4:04:00 PM7/17/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Great!

thanx so much

Sebastien Estienne

Jul 27, 2015, 5:38:25 PM7/27/15
to Salt-users, sebastien...@gmail.com
Hi Joe,

any progress on the availability of these packages?

thanx

Joe Healy

Jul 28, 2015, 7:59:54 AM7/28/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Started last night, finishing now.

Joe

Joe Healy

Jul 28, 2015, 10:41:23 AM7/28/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Packages for debian unstable have gone up to debian - will do backporting and uploading to saltstack repos in the morning.

Cheers,

Joe

Sebastien Estienne

Jul 30, 2015, 2:36:30 PM7/30/15
to Salt-users, joeh...@gmail.com
Will the packages be available in ubuntu PPA too ?

Joe Healy

Jul 30, 2015, 6:00:30 PM7/30/15
to Sebastien Estienne, Salt-users

They are in the self-testing ppa now.

I'm going to copy them to the main ppa once I get some reports that there are no problems.

Joe

Marcus Stoegbauer

Jul 30, 2015, 11:04:08 PM7/30/15
to Salt-users, joeh...@gmail.com
Hi,

On Friday, 31 July 2015 00:00:30 UTC+2, Joe Healy wrote:

They are in the self-testing ppa now.

I'm going to copy them to the main ppa once I get some reports that there are no problems.

 there's a slight problem with the salt-common package for Ubuntu Precise (2015.5.3+ds-1precise1). The dependencies include python-croniter, but this package isn't available for Precise, I only see it for Trusty. For 2015.5.2+ds-1precise1 it wasn't a dependency. Is it necessary to have this as dependency and do I need to look for a source for python-croniter now?

   Marcus

Joe Healy

Jul 30, 2015, 11:13:08 PM7/30/15
to Marcus Stoegbauer, Salt-users
Sorry about that - I didn't realise it wasn't available. I'll upload new packages ASAP.

Also an issue for wheezy.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Healy

Jul 30, 2015, 11:18:12 PM7/30/15
to Marcus Stoegbauer, Salt-users
Package has gone up for precise now - will do wheezy later this afternoon.

Cheers,

Joe

Marcus Stoegbauer

Jul 30, 2015, 11:44:19 PM7/30/15
to Salt-users, stoeg...@gmail.com, joeh...@gmail.com
Excellent, works like a charm. Thanks for the very fast fix.

   Marcus

Joe Healy

Jul 30, 2015, 11:50:33 PM7/30/15
to Marcus Stoegbauer, Salt-users