Generate report based on output

Bantu Banerji

May 31, 2015, 3:32:15 AM5/31/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
We use
salt '*' pkg.version <pkg_name>
to list package version installed in all the minions

And use
salt '*' pkg.latest_version <pkg_name>
to list the latest version of package available for the minions

My question is how I can generate a report of minions which need update ?

Please guide/advice.

Nicholas Capo

May 31, 2015, 1:19:06 PM5/31/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com

Try:

  salt '*' pkg.list_upgrades

Nicholas

Arnold Bechtoldt

May 31, 2015, 1:47:29 PM5/31/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
1. salt -v '*' pkg.list_upgrades
2. get the jid
3. salt-run pkg.list_upgrades jid=<JID>

(requires latest develop version or manual copy)

=> https://github.com/saltstack/salt/pull/20029

Arnold

--
Arnold Bechtoldt

Karlsruhe, Germany
> --
0xE2356889.asc
signature.asc

Dmitry Golubenko

Jun 1, 2015, 12:23:17 AM6/1/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
В Вск, 31/05/2015 в 00:32 -0700, Bantu Banerji пишет:
Also thereis excellent survey.hash runner that will group hosts with
equal output, try
salt-run survey.hash \* pkg.version <pkg_name>