Saltstack apply state on minions through salt reactors, runners, orchestrate

himanshu jain

Jul 26, 2016, 3:29:30 PM7/26/16
to Salt-users

I have multiple salt deployment environments. I have a requirement in which I raise an event from the minions, the master upon receiving the event, generates few files which I then want to copy to the minions. How do I do this? I was trying to get it to work using orchestrate. This is what I have right now:

reactor sls->

copy_cert:
  runner.state.orchestrate:
    - mods: _orch.copy_certs
    - saltenv: 'central'

copy_certs sls->

copy_kube_certs:
  salt.state:
    - tgt: 'kubeminion'
    - tgt_type: nodegroup
    - sls:
      - kubemaster.copy_certs

The problem is that I want to happen for all the environments and not just one. How do I do that? Or is there a way to loop over the environments using jinja in some way. Also is it possible using anything other than orchestrate.