PAM audit_log_acct_message() failed: No buffer space available after run salt '*' pkg.upgrade

Lars Laehn

Aug 27, 2015, 1:33:16 AM8/27/15
to Salt-users
Hi,

i have virtuozzo Container with 1 core and 2GB RAM
ubuntu 14.04 LTS
no other Software on the Server only salt-master

if i run salt '*' pkg.upgrade the upgrade works but after the upgrade i can't run other salt commands:
salt --versions-report -> no Response
salt-key -L -> no Response

Login into Server with ssh not works:
sshd[17543]: PAM audit_log_acct_message() failed: No buffer space available

if i restart the salt-master everything works fine again

 salt --versions-report
                  Salt: 2015.5.3
                Python: 2.7.6 (default, Jun 22 2015, 17:58:13)
                Jinja2: 2.7.2
              M2Crypto: 0.21.1
        msgpack-python: 0.3.0
          msgpack-pure: Not Installed
              pycrypto: 2.6.1
               libnacl: Not Installed
                PyYAML: 3.10
                 ioflo: Not Installed
                 PyZMQ: 14.0.1
                  RAET: Not Installed
                   ZMQ: 4.0.4
                  Mako: Not Installed
               Tornado: Not Installed
 Debian source package: 2015.5.3+ds-1trusty1

after every salt '*' pkg.upgrade i must restart the salt-master

i have salt-master on an other virtuozzo with centos 6 and nagios Server.
there was the same Problem. after run salt or after a couple of time of running salt-master daemon the nagios nrpe Service not working an don't connect to the other Server.
i can't Login to the Server without reboot the Server or restart the salt-master daemon

where is my mistake
Lars

Colton Myers

Sep 1, 2015, 1:54:26 PM9/1/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
This is definitely weird. Do you have any special security policies, like selinux configured?

--
Colton Myers
Core Engineer, SaltStack

Lars Laehn

Sep 28, 2015, 1:24:13 AM9/28/15
to Salt-users
Hi,

there are no special policys.
it is a default install of ubunt 14.04

BR
Lars Laehn

Colton Myers

Oct 1, 2015, 4:27:04 PM10/1/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Hrm, I guess I'm not sure what's going on here. Would you mind opening an issue on Github so we can investigate this further?

--
Colton Myers
Core Engineer, SaltStack
@basepi on Twitter/Github/IRC