salt-api deb

Christian McHugh

Jan 31, 2015, 12:49:43 PM1/31/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Howdy all,

Just updated my salt-master install from the saltstack apt repo. There isn't an init script for salt-api. What is the recommended way of running salt-api?

Seth House

Jan 31, 2015, 3:08:12 PM1/31/15
to salt users list
I believe the salt-api split package in that apt repo is currently
in-progress. In the meantime, make sure you don't also have the old
version installed by running `salt-api --version` to make sure it
starts with '2014' and grab the init script from the repo:

https://github.com/saltstack/salt/blob/develop/debian/salt-api.init

Joe Healy

Jan 31, 2015, 8:44:03 PM1/31/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the feedback. I missed the init script when adding salt-api to the main package.

I'll add this to the package and upload it shortly.

Joe

Boris FELD

Mar 25, 2015, 5:49:21 AM3/25/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Any news about the salt-api debian package? There is a salt-api ubuntu package but it still install the old version (before merge).

Joe Healy

Mar 25, 2015, 9:48:40 PM3/25/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
This should be available - it is at http://debian.saltstack.com/debian/pool/main/s/salt/
If you are referring to the main (ie official) debian archive, it is currently waiting in the new queue.

Any feedback on its usage would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Joe

Tehmasp Chaudhri

Mar 26, 2015, 11:04:26 AM3/26/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
yup - salt-api has been available for some time now and the versions are in sync with the other pkgs.
make sure you install the salt ppa for all salt version releases.

this is my salt pkgs and version listing currently; note - haven't upgraded to 2014.7.2 as of yet since it was announced that there are some serious issues in that release.

root@SERVER:~# dpkg -l | grep salt-
ii  salt-api                         2014.7.1+ds-1trusty1          all          Generic, modular network access system
ii  salt-cloud                       2014.7.1+ds-1trusty1          all          public cloud VM management system
ii  salt-common                      2014.7.1+ds-1trusty1          all          shared libraries that salt requires for all packages
ii  salt-master                      2014.7.1+ds-1trusty1          all          remote manager to administer servers via salt
ii  salt-minion                      2014.7.1+ds-1trusty1          all          client package fo

Boris FELD

Mar 26, 2015, 11:09:42 AM3/26/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Ok my bad, the latest salt-api version was available in the PPA but was not showed when doing a dist-upgrade. I uninstalled it and reinstall it and now the version is correct.