salt-cloud deployment of dvd iso image

Barry McCormick

Sep 28, 2016, 12:12:01 PM9/28/16
to Salt-users
I am  trying to use salt-cloud to deploy an iso image of our software to ESXI.  Our image is based on Centos 7.  I have followed the examples and docs for creating a profile.  I can run the salt-cloud command and it will create the vm, try to start it up.  BUT here is the crux of the problem.  No matter what settings I try or what example I use, I can NOT get it to create a cdrom on the system.  I just  need the iso mounted so it will boot to the cdrom.  Below is my profile.conf file.  it is also on pastbin at :   http://pastebin.com/1cv1cjfS

Any suggestions of what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.  Trying to show my boss and others how cool salt is and prevent someone in one of the other offices to get everyone to have to use Puppet.  Please help!!!!

  1. dglinux:
  2.
  3.   provider: vcenter01
  4.   num_cpus: 4
  5.   memory: 16GB
  6.
  7.   devices:
  8.
  9.     scsi:
  10.        SCSI controller 0:
  11.          type: lsilogic
  12.        SCSI controller 1:
  13.          type: lsilogic_sas
  14.     ide:
  15.        IDE 0:
  16.
  17.     cd:
  18.       CD/DVD drive 1:
  19.         device_type: datastore_iso_file
  20.         iso_path: '[build-artifacts] sprint_25-B792/DG8-sprint_25-B-792.iso'
  21.
  22.     disk:
  23.       Hard disk 1:
  24.         size: 100
  25.         controller: SCSI controller 1
  26.
  27.     network:
  28.
  29.      Network adapter 1: