add aws-formula to salt-formulas

Todd Wells

Jan 17, 2017, 6:55:55 PM1/17/17
to Salt-users
I have a AWS formula that can create a full VPC ( minus the servers).  I would like to add it to salt-formulas.  Can someone help me with this?

Seth House

Jan 17, 2017, 8:29:10 PM1/17/17
to salt users list
Todd, thanks for the formula addition!

The forked repo is https://github.com/saltstack-formulas/aws-formula

You should also have an invite to join the Contributors team.

Todd Wells

Jan 20, 2017, 2:33:11 PM1/20/17
to Salt-users
Got the invite, Thanks.   Is there any documentation on how to do updates to formulas?  I see people using pull requests ... is there an approval process?

Seth House

Jan 20, 2017, 5:16:01 PM1/20/17
to salt users list
No docs -- but that would be a good addition. Some tips:

Stick to the GitHub model of sending pull requests.

Anyone on the Contributors team can merge PRs so feel free to review
and merge other PRs in other repos that you're interested in.

Go ahead and selfie-merge your own PRs if no one else is contributing
to that repo yet.

If people are interested in a repo they'll 'watch' it and comment and
contribute from there. The more active contributors there are for a
given repo the more collaboration and review should happen on PRs to
that repo.

Feel free to ping me (@whiteinge) or the Core team anytime.