RE: [salt-users] Windows Clusters

Stephan Looney

Mar 13, 2015, 2:09:44 PM3/13/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone here tried to target windows clusters with saltstack?

We have a use case where we want to monitor/start services on windows servers that are in a cluster.

Thanks,

Stephan

Stephan Looney

Mar 13, 2015, 2:11:34 PM3/13/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com

Specifically, Microsoft SQL server services in a cluster…

Colton Myers

Mar 24, 2015, 4:18:19 PM3/24/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Stephan,

I don't know if anyone is managing a cluster like this or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. Our Windows support is pretty good, and you should be able to build this out as far as I know.

(I should note my Windows salt experience is close to zero, but as far as I know the above is true. ;) )

--
Colton Myers
Platform Engineer, SaltStack

themalkolm

Mar 25, 2015, 2:10:16 PM3/25/15
to salt-...@googlegroups.com, stephan...@sterlingbackcheck.com
Hej,

Sure, salt will work fine for starting/stopping/monitoring services.