Newbie question

Andres Perez

Sep 20, 2015, 11:38:03 AM9/20/15
to sails.js
Hello everyone.

Through my research of node.js I found about many frameworks (meteor, ember, angular, backbone, sails...) so I'm really confuse in which should I learn, so I would like to ask you which one you would pick if you were newbie into node.js? Do you think sails is noob friendly?

I have been using rails for about 6 months now, I don't know if that makes difference but Sails sounds like rails but on Javascript.

Thanks for your help.

Ambroise Dhenain

Sep 20, 2015, 2:27:31 PM9/20/15
to Andres Perez, sails.js
Indeed Sails would probably be easier to get started with than meteor, because it follows Rails convention so you wouldn't be as lost as using a complete different framework architecture.

But all those frameworks are quite interesting and can be used, it mostly depends on your needs.
I got started with sails because it followed Rails conventions and I liked that a lot, it was quite easy to build API or website with Sails. I also tried Meteor and I like it as well, but today I use Sails.

It's up to you, but you can start by sails if you're completely new to the Node.js world.
--
Cordialement,

M. Ambroise Dhenain.