Updates to Salmon

Rob

Jan 16, 2015, 2:38:20 AM1/16/15
Hi all,

  Happy new year to everyone, and I hope the year is going well so far.  I just wanted to alert everyone to the fact that development has been moving along at quick pace on salmon, and there have been many updates since the original announcement.  The most recent (tagged) version is now v0.2.6 (if you're using the alignment-based version of salmon, you should upgrade to this as it resolves a bug that may cause problems for "small" datasets --- version 0.2.6 also fixes a bug in v0.2.5 that inhibited parsing of single-end data).  Most of the updates have been geared toward fixing bugs (mostly rare concurrency-related ones), improving the accuracy of the model, and improving the speed of quantification (this is especially true for smaller datasets, which should now run considerably more quickly with the newest versions of salmon).  The newest versions (v0.2.4 and above) should now also build under OSX (tested with 10.10) using the version of Clang provided by the latest Xcode.  Finally, in addition to the tagged releases, you can always obtain the Linux binary corresponding to the most recently built code here.  A number of new features and improvements are still on the way.

Best,
Rob

Martin Alexander Smith

Jan 18, 2015, 8:17:42 PM1/18/15
to sailfis...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rob! Looking forward to running this code :)

On Friday, 16 January 2015 18:38:20 UTC+11, Rob wrote:
Hi all,

  Happy new year to everyone, and I hope the year is going well so far.  I just wanted to alert everyone to the fact that development has been moving along at quick pace on salmon, and there have been many updates since the original announcement.  The most recent (tagged) version is now v0.2.5 (if you're using the alignment-based version of salmon, you should upgrade to this as it resolves a bug that may cause problems for "small" datasets).  Most of the updates have been geared toward fixing bugs (mostly rare concurrency-related ones), improving the accuracy of the model, and improving the speed of quantification (this is especially true for smaller datasets, which should now run considerably more quickly with the newest versions of salmon).  The newest versions (v0.2.4 and above) should now also build under OSX (tested with 10.10) using the version of Clang provided by the latest Xcode.  Finally, in addition to the tagged releases, you can always obtain the Linux binary corresponding to the most recently built code here.  A number of new features and improvements are still on the way.

Best,
Rob