Sailfish for genomic level quantification

Steven Hill

Feb 23, 2015, 4:46:52 PM2/23/15
to sailfis...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone tried using sailfish to quantify copy number variation throughout a genome? Without diving into the materials and methods of the paper, it seems as though the idea is the same. I'd appreciate any insights.

Steve Mount

Feb 23, 2015, 5:53:15 PM2/23/15
to Steven Hill, sailfis...@googlegroups.com
We have thought about that but not done it. I would guess that making a dummy transcriptome from non-overlapping tiles (perhaps 2 kb.) might be a good first try.

--
Sailfish is available at http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ckingsf/software/sailfish/
Citation:

Stephen M. Mount
Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Dept. of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics
2208 H. J. Patterson Hall
University of Maryland
College Park, MD    20742-5815

Phone      301-405-6934
alt. ph.     301-405-9904
URL        www.SteveMount.org
Any commercial or marketing email sent to this address (including information about lab supplies, textbooks, conferences and some funding opportunities) will be tagged as spam. See SteveMount.org for alternatives.