Salmon v0.3.0 compile error

Babak A

Apr 30, 2015, 12:44:04 PM4/30/15
to sailfis...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sailfish/Salmon Team,

I am trying to compile Salmon v0.3.0 but this error pops up:

In file included from [~]/usr/salmon/src/LibraryFormat.cpp:1:0:
[~]/usr/salmon/include/LibraryFormat.hpp:17:20: error: ‘LibraryFormat& LibraryFormat::operator=(LibraryFormat&)’ declared to take non-const reference cannot be defaulted in the class body

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

 I am using gcc version 4.7.2 and clang version 3.0-6.2.

Thanks,
Babak

Rob

May 1, 2015, 8:28:14 AM5/1/15
to sailfis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Babak,

  This seems to be an issue related to one of the (header only) libraries that is used by the logger.  The issue looks like a C++11 compatibility one (I don't know if gcc 4.7.3 is fully compatible).  My first thought is to try the newest version of the library (we sync with the main repo every so often so we can check if they introduce any breaking changes).  You can try and simply replace the relevant files with the latest from the cppformat repository (linked above).  I can take a look in their repo to see if this is a known bug and try re-syncing with the newest version --- but I probably won't get to that today.

Best,
Rob

Babak A

May 4, 2015, 10:25:49 AM5/4/15
to sailfis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

Thank you so much! I will look into it and report back if there are more issues.

Best,
Babak

Rob

May 4, 2015, 12:40:07 PM5/4/15
to sailfis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Babak,

  No problem; please do report back if it still has issues.  I've actually replaced the relevant files on the head of the develop branch on GitHub.  However, I don't have a gcc 4.7.3 box to test on right now.

Best,
Rob
Message has been deleted