problem about time series graph openessence demo

snipe...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2016, 2:25:01 AM2/23/16
to sages-health-support
Hello.
I installed the tool "open essence demo " on my computer and I encountered problems when I attempt to display the time series graph.
I have followed the step as indicate from the " install guide Open essence".
Below my computer's configuration  :
OS : windows 7 (x64)
tomcat version 7.0
jdk version 1.7.0_79
postgres version 9.2 (x86) and postgis 2.0.6
postgresql-9.2-1004.jdbc4
geo server 2.8.2

Please, could you advice me about this issue.
In attached file, the screen shot of open essence demo.
Thank you.
Best regards
problem_time series graph in openessence.JPG

Rich Wojcik

Feb 23, 2016, 9:01:04 AM2/23/16
to sages-health-support

Hello,

It could be a folder permission issue on the  Tomcat\temp\oegraphs folder or other folders specified in your configuration.

Please check your Tomcat  log files.  They may help pinpoint the folder.

Look for a line like …

 [main] INFO  e.j.o.config.EnvironmentConfig - Using X:\Tomcat\temp\oegraphs as graph directory

Thank you for your interest in SAGES,

Regards,

The SAGES Team.

snipe...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2016, 3:27:55 AM2/24/16
to sages-health-support
Hello,
Thank you very much for your answer.
I checked the Tomcat log files named "tomcat7 standard-output" and I found the following lines :

10:53:45.079 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  e.j.o.config.EnvironmentConfig - Using C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\temp\oegraphs as graph directory
10:53:45.119 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  e.j.o.c.MapConfig$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$82d39345 - Map data source not found in environment. Using main data source instead
10:53:45.139 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  e.j.o.config.EnvironmentConfig - Graph retention not found in environment. Using 300000 instead

What should I do to solve the problem? Can you advise me on this. Thank you very much.
Best regards
DMB

Rich Wojcik

Feb 24, 2016, 9:19:59 AM2/24/16
to sages-health-support
Good morning,

Look in the Tomcat stderr log to see if there are any errors being reported.  My best guess is to check for read/write access to the folder  C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\temp\oegraphs for the account that starts Tomcat or for all users.

Hopefully, that resolves the issue.

Regards,
The SAGES team

snipe...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2016, 2:07:17 AM2/25/16
to sages-health-support
Good morning,

I try to resolve problem  by changing the install directory of tomcat to "c:/tools/Tomcat 7.0"
The problem persist but I notice that if I try to display the time series graph, a file is created in the directory "C:\tools\Tomcat 7.0\temp\oegraphs". So, I think that the application can access to this directory.
Then, when i attempt to download the image using the option "download chart" of time series graph, this line appear in the browser:
{"message":"C:\\tools\\Tomcat 7.0\\temp\\oegraphs\\user_2016févr.25_09_50_07_273_2974 (Le fichier spécifié est introuvable)","success":false}

I apologize for derangement.
I put in file attached 2 screenshots showing errors.
file_created_on_directory_temp_oegraphs.JPG
message_error_browser.JPG

Rich Wojcik

Feb 25, 2016, 8:23:04 AM2/25/16
to sages-health-support
We apologize for the problems you are experiencing, but you have me stumped ... we have not seen this problem before.

I don't know if Windows 7 security is causing any issues, but try changing the access to the oegraphs to give full access to all users.

I am assuming that you are seeing all other graphics - such as the logo, icons, etc.

If you are not using Firefox, try using firefox.

In firefox - right click on the image and select View Image Info -  a popup window with a Media tab will show all the graphics on the page - hopefully, all the .gif and .png images as well as the timeseries image are displayed.

By the way, as part of a cleanup task, the files in the oegraphs folder will be deleted automatically after a couple of minutes - which might explain the file not found error (Le fichier spécifié est introuvable)

Regards,
The SAGES team

snipe...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2016, 9:07:07 AM2/25/16
to sages-health-support
Indeed, I see all the other images. I use firefox and when I look for page info>media tab, I see all the images (png, gif, ico) except for the image of the time series graph.
I have tested openessence on windows xp sp2 but the same problem occurs (time series graph)
Furthermore, if the graph is displayed, what will be the file extension?
I also noticed that the online demo of openessence is more recent than the downloadable Version (v2.1.1 - 1d51115 built on 2013-10-09 3:36 p.m. UTC)
Is it possible to have this new version because the problem doesn't occur with this version?
In attached file the screenshot of media tab (firefox)
Thank you
very much.
Best regards
DMB
option media_firefox.JPG

Rich Wojcik

Feb 25, 2016, 10:39:37 AM2/25/16
to sages-health-support
I think this may be an internalization bug when accessing the image filename -- it looks like the name has UTF-8 characters %C3%A9 =  é  that may be causing the issue.

Unfortunately, there is not an easy fix for that type of bug.

To verify, generate a new plot - rename the image URL by removing the special characters - copy the URL of the broken image and use the renamed file name

old
https://localhost:8433/openessence/oe/report/graphTimeSeries?font=graph.font&graphDataId=admin_2106f%C3%A9vr.25_04_37_14_088_3738

new

snipe...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2016, 2:40:12 AM2/26/16
to sages-health-support
Indeed, the problem comes from the character encoding. I use windows 7 in french version. To test, I changed the system time in March 2016 and openessence display the graph correctly.
  My question is:
- is it possible to
change the part of the program to generate a file name without the date of the system?

Thank you very much.
Best regards.
DMB

snipe...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2016, 2:44:27 AM3/16/16
to sages-health-support
Hello,

I have also encounter problem when I try to display map on Openessence.
I follow the step as indicated in the openessence guide about the installation and configuration of geoserver. the map is displayed on geoserver (version 2.3.4) but the map is not displayed.
Is this an problem of the webmapservice or an problem of configuration of openessence.
Below the url from page info in firefox :

https://localhost:8443/geoserver/wms?LAYERS=openessence%3Adistrict_counts&FORMAT=image/png&TRANSPARENT=TRUE&CQL_FILTER=request_id%3D169&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&SRS=EPSG%3A4326&BBOX=-98.40234375,32.746429443359,-66.73828125,45.121429443359&WIDTH=1351&HEIGHT=528

https://localhost:8443/geoserver/wms?LAYERS=openessence%3Adistrict_geometry&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&TRANSPARENT=FALSE&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&SRS=EPSG%3A4326&BBOX=-98.40234375,32.746429443359,-66.73828125,45.121429443359&WIDTH=1351&HEIGHT=528

Please, could you advice me how to resolve this issue.
Thank you very much.
DMB