Import an existing ODK form into Sages mReceive

Senior Bob

Aug 24, 2015, 6:04:17 AM8/24/15
to sages-health-support
Hey there,

I recently installed sages mReceive on an android phone and it is working fine. However, I need to install my ODK form (already created in excel and xml format) into mReceive. Has anyone an idea of how I should proceed ?

Regards.

contac...@jhuapl.edu

Aug 24, 2015, 2:02:40 PM8/24/15
to sages-health-support

### Setup mCollect

1.  Download and install mCollect 1.1 on the "client" phone (http://www.jhuapl.edu/sages/downloads/DLFiles/sages-mcollect-v1.1-10152013.apk)

2.  Launch the application and then exit.  This will create a odk directory on the phone.

3.  Connect the phone as a USB device and copy form "<formname>.xml" into the odk/forms directory on the client phone.

4.  Disconnect the receiver phone as a USB device.

5.  Launch the mCollect application and verify the form is accessible

6.  Configure mCollect (please see pdf guides for more information on configuration/using mCollect):

    6.1. Via the mCollect Admin Menu, select SMS Settings, then update the GSM server number to the phone number of the mReceive phone.

Senior Bob

Sep 22, 2015, 11:23:54 AM9/22/15
to sages-health-support
Ok thanks for your reply.
But it shows how to configure mCollect.
I succeeded to install the form in mCollect. How can I install the same form in mReceive without having to manually build it using the mReceive admin menu ?

contac...@jhuapl.edu

Sep 22, 2015, 1:05:23 PM9/22/15
to sages-health-support

Currently the table has to be built using the admin menu in mReceive.

Senior Bob

Sep 25, 2015, 10:27:12 AM9/25/15
to sages-health-support
Ok Thanks for the information.
Luckily my form is not too long. I will build it using the admin menu.

Are there any plans of adding this import feature in a later version of mReceive?

Division of Negros Occidental

Jan 17, 2016, 8:03:07 PM1/17/16
to sages-health-support
hi sir,

were you able to create new form in mReceive? how? please let me know.

i already tried creating new form in mReceive but i cannot add fields and after i save the form without fields, mReceived crushed.

thanks

ariel

Division of Negros Occidental