Re: Squaring the sine function

Message has been deleted

Dima Pasechnik

Feb 16, 2017, 4:11:13 PM2/16/17
to sage-support
Do you mean to say that you'd like to see the graph of the function?
Then do

plot(sin(x)^4,[-2*pi,2*pi])

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 8:47:08 PM UTC, Milan Somora wrote:
Hi,

please where is my mistake?

I write to WolframAlpha sin(x)^ and and I get this (It is good for me):

I write the same to SageMathCloud and and I get this (It is wrong for me):

I need "sin^4(x)".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

William Stein

Feb 16, 2017, 4:35:31 PM2/16/17
to sage-support
Hi,

I'm an SMC site admin, so I added code to plot (and also do series
expansion) to your worksheet.

It's also useful to click the "Help" button in the upper right of SMC...

William
> --

William (http://wstein.org)
Message has been deleted

William Stein

Feb 19, 2017, 12:13:37 PM2/19/17
to sage-support
On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 3:58 AM, Milan Somora <milan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks, but this is not my problem. Please here:
> https://cloud.sagemath.com/projects/e671b1e4-ed43-4cdf-ba6e-190a2a8127c5/files/sin4.png

There is no difference between sin^4(x) and (sin(x))^4. They are the
exact same thing.

What are you **really** trying to accomplish?

-- William

Ralf Stephan

Feb 19, 2017, 4:17:26 PM2/19/17
to sage-support
Or in other words, are you typesetting, or is the sin^4 part of the result of a computation?