Sage crash on first run - can't find the fortran compiler

Koen van Greevenbroek

Sep 8, 2017, 5:29:53 PM9/8/17
to sage-support

Hey!

I just downloaded and unpacked the latest Sage binaries for Fedora 25 (I'm running Fedora 26), but upon the first run, Sage crashes with "ImportError: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". However, I already installed the fortran compiler by running "dnf install gcc-gfortran"! What am I doing wrong? Please let me know if you need any more information.

Cheers,

Koen

Dima Pasechnik

Sep 8, 2017, 5:49:02 PM9/8/17
to sage-support

On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 10:29:53 PM UTC+1, Koen van Greevenbroek wrote:

Hey!

I just downloaded and unpacked the latest Sage binaries for Fedora 25 (I'm running Fedora 26), but upon the first run, Sage crashes with "ImportError: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". However, I already installed the fortran compiler by running "dnf install gcc-gfortran"! What am I doing wrong? Please let me know if you need any more information.

there is no compatible libgfortran in Fedora 26:

either follow the advice there, although I'd say that
your best bet is to build Sage from source...

Cheers,

Koen

Jeroen Demeyer

Sep 9, 2017, 5:11:02 AM9/9/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
This should be fixed in the next version of Sage:

https://github.com/sagemath/binary-pkg/pull/12