Re: [sage-support] Typo in documentation of free modules

Kannappan Sampath

Nov 30, 2012, 1:21:13 PM11/30/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, sage-...@googlegroups.com
This is trac #13780 now. Thanks Philipp for reporting here. (I'll submit a patch now; but, I am ccing to the sage-devel to ask if issues that are so trivial to fix but still can be considered major, deserve a separate ticket).

Thank you,

~KnS

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Philipp Kerling <k.ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I just wanted to make you aware of a typo in the documentation of free modules [1]. The description of the function "echelon_coordinate_vector" of sage.modules.free_module.FreeModule_submodule_with_basis_pid says: "Write v in terms of the user basis for self." while it should correctly read: "Write v in terms of the echelonized basis for self."

[1] http://sagemath.org/doc/reference/sage/modules/free_module.html

Regards,
Philipp

kcrisman

Nov 30, 2012, 2:28:02 PM11/30/12

On Friday, November 30, 2012 1:21:13 PM UTC-5, KnS wrote:
This is trac #13780 now. Thanks Philipp for reporting here. (I'll submit a patch now; but, I am ccing to the sage-devel to ask if issues that are so trivial to fix but still can be considered major, deserve a separate ticket).

Everything deserves a ticket.  Sometimes you can combine them.  But everything gets a ticket.  If it's trivial, "priority trivial" :)