How do i remove overtype?

Andrew Aran

Aug 19, 2016, 4:53:12 PM8/19/16
to sage-support
I was doing some school work and after making a few revisions to my code i came to realize that i had typed over some of my work. I was wondering how to turn off this feature.

Dima Pasechnik

Aug 20, 2016, 1:50:14 AM8/20/16
to sage-support, sage-...@googlegroups.com
it is not clear what kind of Sagemath interface you were using; e.g., if you used a "usual" text editor then it's a question about this particular text editor (e.g. if you used vim then you should consult vim manual).
If it was SMC (SageMath cloud) then this question should be asked in sage-cloud Google Group, and not here.
I cc there, just in case.

Harald Schilly

Aug 20, 2016, 3:23:57 AM8/20/16
to sage-cloud, sage-support
did you accidentally press the insert key? press "ins" again, or
however it is called (maybe near your del key)

-- h