ImportError: No module named IPython.core.interactiveshell

Ogami Itto

Jun 8, 2016, 3:20:36 AM6/8/16
to sage-support
Hi all,

I have a PC with an Intel 2-core cpu, and 2GB RAM, running Ubuntu 15.10.

I downloaded sage-7.2-Ubuntu_15.10-i686.tar.bz2, verified with md5sum, and untarred with tar xvjf ...

After running the following commands ...
cd sageMath
./sage

... I'm getting the following error:

The error seems consistent, since I managed to reproduce it following the same steps twice.
[after removing the SageMath folder of the first install, of course]

When running as ./sage -n, the browser and the notebook open, but the same error is displayed if I try to run any command.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1