Sage Crashing (Sage 8.0, Windows native binary)

Keith

Nov 26, 2017, 11:15:42 PM11/26/17
to sage-support

Whenever I try to boot SageMath 8.0 this error keeps happening. If anyone has an idea on how to fix this please let me know. Thanks in advance.
problem.png

slelievre

Nov 27, 2017, 4:31:23 PM11/27/17
to sage-support
Hi Keith,

could you specify what exact version of Windows you have?
You should be able to find that information in Window's
"System" preference pane.

Samuel

Keith

Nov 28, 2017, 9:13:14 PM11/28/17
to sage-support
Windows 7 Home Premium Copyright 2009. Apologies for not responding sooner. Thank you again.

Dima Pasechnik

Nov 29, 2017, 5:17:28 AM11/29/17
to sage-support
As far as I understand, this version of Windows has reached its EOL (meaning, no support from Microsoft, not even any security
patches...) Are you sure you want to keep running it? Surely we won't be doing any testing on it.

(your version is what Microsoft considers a "consumer product", and they offer no Extended support for them. And Mainstream support