Sage crashes on start

Naturelover

Jul 18, 2018, 6:12:34 AM7/18/18
to sage-support

I just installed SageMath 7.6 on my Fedora 20 laptop, and on starting ./sage, it went through several patch operations and then crashed, with the attached crash log as the result. I am unable to get sage started, as it crashes every time I run ./sage.
Sage_crash_report.txt

Dima Pasechnik

Jul 18, 2018, 6:40:37 AM7/18/18
to sage-support
from your report:
ImportError: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is a missing dependency, libgfortran, that needs to be installed.

Jeroen Demeyer

Jul 19, 2018, 5:04:05 AM7/19/18
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 2018-07-18 05:58, 'Naturelover' via sage-support wrote:
> I just installed SageMath 7.6

Why such an old version?

John Koshi

Jul 19, 2018, 2:26:35 PM7/19/18
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

I wanted to run it on Fedora 20, and this version was the closest.

Jul 19, 2018, 11:22:13 PM7/19/18
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the help. I hadn't looked at the error log, thinking it was a known problem.

John