Anyone ever used sympol from within Sage?

kcrisman

Mar 20, 2018, 4:53:49 PM3/20/18
to sage-support
I think that people are more often using polymake and/or LattE from within Sage nowadays ... I found out about SymPol (https://www.geometrie.uni-rostock.de/software/) today, has anyone worked on a potential interface for that?  I do realize this is probably abandonware to some extent, so just curious, thanks!
- kcrisman

Dima Pasechnik

Mar 20, 2018, 8:07:10 PM3/20/18
to sage-support

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 8:53:49 PM UTC, kcrisman wrote:
I think that people are more often using polymake and/or LattE from within Sage nowadays ... I found out about SymPol (https://www.geometrie.uni-rostock.de/software/) today, has anyone worked on a potential interface for that?  I do realize this is probably abandonware to some extent, so just curious, thanks!

Indeed, I suppose most of the coding for it was done by Thomas Rehn, whose main job is a software engineer at a company, since
SymPol was released 7 years ago...

- kcrisman

kcrisman

Mar 21, 2018, 1:51:22 PM3/21/18
to sage-support

I think that people are more often using polymake and/or LattE from within Sage nowadays ... I found out about SymPol (https://www.geometrie.uni-rostock.de/software/) today, has anyone worked on a potential interface for that?  I do realize this is probably abandonware to some extent, so just curious, thanks!

Indeed, I suppose most of the coding for it was done by Thomas Rehn, whose main job is a software engineer at a company, since
SymPol was released 7 years ago...

Thanks, that's what I figured but thought I'd ask.

Henri Girard

Mar 22, 2018, 3:11:09 AM3/22/18
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

I use chinese trigram utf8

Matthias Koeppe

Mar 26, 2018, 5:24:19 AM3/26/18
to sage-support
On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 1:53:49 PM UTC-7, kcrisman wrote:
I think that people are more often using polymake and/or LattE from within Sage nowadays ... I found out about SymPol (https://www.geometrie.uni-rostock.de/software/) today, has anyone worked on a potential interface for that?  I do realize this is probably abandonware to some extent, so just curious, thanks!

Polymake has an interface to Sympol (https://polymake.org/doku.php/external_software; see https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/20907), so you might be able to use it via the Sage polymake interface.

kcrisman

Mar 26, 2018, 1:41:49 PM3/26/18
to sage-support

I think that people are more often using polymake and/or LattE from within Sage nowadays ... I found out about SymPol (https://www.geometrie.uni-rostock.de/software/) today, has anyone worked on a potential interface for that?  I do realize this is probably abandonware to some extent, so just curious, thanks!

Polymake has an interface to Sympol (https://polymake.org/doku.php/external_software; see https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/20907), so you might be able to use it via the Sage polymake interface.

Thanks ... probably polymake or LattE will be sufficient for my purposes, and I'll not get around to the project where I would use it until the summer, but in this one paper it was referenced as being useful so I thought I'd ask.

kcrisman

Mar 26, 2018, 1:44:10 PM3/26/18
to sage-support
And on a totally unrelated note, may I say that I want to be able to buy a Sage T-Shirt like polymake has:
Not a CoCalc one, though I wish them success too :-)