jupyter lab

HG

Aug 20, 2016, 2:09:07 AM8/20/16
to sage-support
I am testing jupyter lab, all my kernels are recognized except one : sage ?
Is there a way to config it manually to be used in jupyterlab ?
Regards
Henri

Thierry Dumont

Aug 20, 2016, 2:39:59 AM8/20/16
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
THis is the first time I heard about jupyter lab ! (things evoluate very
fast...). But, in my "classical" jupyter(jupyter hub) installations, I
need to add "kernels" for the different language/applications I want to
run. They go in /usr/local/share/jupyter/kernels.
Exemple:
/usr/local/share/jupyter/kernels/sage
which contains a kernel.json (which says how to run sage):
{"display_name": "Sage 7.3, "argv": ["/usr/local/sage/sage", "-python",
"-m", "sage.repl.ipython_kernel", "-f", "{connection_file}"]}

Yours
t.
> --

tdumont.vcf

HG

Aug 20, 2016, 3:07:05 AM8/20/16
to sage-support
It's alpha preview but I can use it for my needs. (jupyter project )
Thanks for your explanations

HG

Aug 20, 2016, 3:10:20 AM8/20/16
to sage-support
Yes in fact I haven't a sage kernel only octave and vpython

Henri Girard

Aug 20, 2016, 3:38:36 AM8/20/16
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks it works after changing few things like path etc, my sage
kernel.json is :

{"display_name": "Sage 7.2","argv": ["/usr/lib/sagemath/sage","-python",
"-m","sage.repl.ipython_kernel", "-f", "{connection_file}"]}

I use sage repo with sagemanifolds. I guess I will soon update to 7.3.

Thinks evoluate (beautifully) lol

I think jupyterlab is a promising project. For me I can collect all
kernel in one jupyter... very convivual.

Cordialement

Henri