which browser

John Cremona

Oct 20, 2017, 10:34:51 AM10/20/17
to SAGE support
I am running Sage on a linux machine which has chromium-browser as the
default browser, but when I type

sage --notebook=jupyter

it starts firefox and opens in a tab there. How can I get it to use chrome?

John

John Cremona

Oct 20, 2017, 10:38:58 AM10/20/17
to SAGE support
sage --notebook=jupyter --browser=chromium-browser

does work but can I make it the default?

> John

John H Palmieri

Oct 20, 2017, 5:00:43 PM10/20/17
to sage-support
Have you tried setting the BROWSER environment variable? If that doesn't work, what about SAGE_BROWSER?

  John

John Cremona

Oct 23, 2017, 7:22:52 AM10/23/17
to SAGE support
On 20 October 2017 at 22:00, John H Palmieri <jhpalm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tried setting the BROWSER environment variable? If that doesn't
> work, what about SAGE_BROWSER?

Thanks -- I am now feeling quite red-faced since my .bashrc file has

export BROWSER=firefox

in it. Changing that to chromium-browser does the trick. This is a
university-supplied & configured machine which recently had a system
upgrade. They used not to provide chrome but now they do. They also
provide Sage-8.0 as standard!

John