Documentation won't compile correctly/ can't rebase git branch

Zachary Gershkoff

Jun 1, 2017, 11:03:31 AM6/1/17
to sage-support
I have a ticket where I made some changes to the graph theory package. The documentation wasn't compiling correctly, so I made and remade sage from the develop branch and eventually got it working there. When I switch back to my ticket and try to build the documentation, it says there's an error in combinat (not graph theory, where I had been working). I tried rebasing the ticket (git rebase -i develop), and I got the following error message

error: could not apply eda38df... Implementing crystal of MV polytopes and added plotting.

When you have resolved this problem run "git rebase --continue".
If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git rebase --skip".
To check out the original branch and stop rebasing run "git rebase --abort".
Could not apply eda38df... Implementing crystal of MV polytopes and added plotting.

I don't know what to do to let it continue rebasing because I didn't change anything relating to crystals or plotting... I just want the documentation on my ticket to compile. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Zach

Dima Pasechnik

Jun 1, 2017, 11:41:20 AM6/1/17
to sage-support
I would rather (replace my* with right values)

git checkout -b myrebasedstuff develop
git pull trac u/myuid/mygreatbranch

# assume it all merged fine, then

make doc-clean
make

Zachary Gershkoff

Jun 2, 2017, 5:29:15 PM6/2/17
to sage-support
Dima,

I'm not sure why I would make a new local branch. However, I was able to successfully rebase and then build the documentation (and then pull, and then push) after I followed your earlier advice on upgrading sage. I must have broke something before by using the --upgrade option.

Thanks,
Zach