amsrefs citation for SageMath

Abhishek Parab

Jul 27, 2017, 7:42:28 PM7/27/17
to sage-support
I have used SageMath in my thesis (via CoCalc) and would like to cite it. Since I have been using "amsrefs" for citation, I would like to get a code for the same. The webpage "https://wiki.sagemath.org/Publications_using_SageMath" doesn't provide the code for "amsrefs".

Dima Pasechnik

Jul 28, 2017, 7:43:27 AM7/28/17
to sage-support
the amsref entry  should be

\bib{sagemath}{manual}{
      author={Developers, The~Sage},
       title={{S}agemath, the {S}age {M}athematics {S}oftware {S}ystem
  ({V}ersion x.y.z)},
        date={YYYY},
        note={{\tt http://www.sagemath.org}},
}

I have created it using the advice in https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/28123/7110
(so the amsref entry would be in a .bbl file you create from .bib etc)
---something that you might find useful on its own.

Dima Pasechnik

Jul 28, 2017, 7:53:48 AM7/28/17
to sage-support

On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 12:43:27 PM UTC+1, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
the amsref entry  should be

\bib{sagemath}{manual}{
      author={Developers, The~Sage},
       title={{S}agemath, the {S}age {M}athematics {S}oftware {S}ystem
  ({V}ersion x.y.z)},
        date={YYYY},
        note={{\tt http://www.sagemath.org}},
}

I have created it using the advice in https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/28123/7110
(so the amsref entry would be in a .bbl file you create from .bib etc)
---something that you might find useful on its own.

and I've put it on the wiki, too.