For info ?

HG

Sep 2, 2017, 11:17:49 AM9/2/17
to sage-support
I would like to know when sage -8.0 will be in ppa AIMS ?
best

Jan Groenewald

Sep 2, 2017, 11:49:21 AM9/2/17
to sage-support, sage-devel
Hi

Since sage is now in debian, the PPA is unlikely to be updated often, if at all.
On a new ubuntu, sage is inherited from Debian. If someone is interested in
maintaining that feel free to contact me off-list.

Regards,
Jan

On 2 September 2017 at 17:17, HG <henri....@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to know when sage -8.0 will be in ppa AIMS ?
best

  .~.
  /V\     Jan Groenewald
 /( )\    www.aims.ac.za
 ^^-^^

HG

Sep 2, 2017, 2:57:01 PM9/2/17
to sage-support
Thanks... As I am on arfull I added SID but I am not sure that a good thing ?

HG

Sep 3, 2017, 12:58:01 PM9/3/17
to sage-support
Well after crashing with SID i came back to the old formula : I compiled.
I tried  something else because my computer crashed each time I compiled sage-8.0, maybe I have a RAM problem...
This time I do it with a yakkety clean install. I worked then my problem is solved

Eric Gourgoulhon

Sep 3, 2017, 4:19:21 PM9/3/17
to sage-devel, sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Jan for having maintained the PPA during all these years!

Best regards,

Eric.